Getting questions, but no booking

Lahiru3
Level 2
Negombo, Sri Lanka

Getting questions, but no booking

Need help for me freinds...

I'm new to airbnb and didn't get any booking for my place so i need some help from you friends " I need you ideas, tips and like to know is any problame in my listing? hope kind relpys

Thank you.

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Lahiru3 ,

You have two listings. Both are not setup OK. You offer in one listing 2 rooms, it should be two seperate listings (and a third for the combination, if you want). The other listing is a hotel, you offer all rooms in one listing. Also here you must create a listing for each room, otherwise when 2 persons book, the whole hotel is blocked for other bookings.

Best regards, Emiel

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Lahiru3,

Welcome!

I was wondering if you've seen Emiel's helpful reply? It'd be great if you could let us know if you were able to work everything out. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Heneka1
Level 2
Portmore, Jamaica

I am having that same challenge of no booking except that I haven't received any queries. I neeeeed help!

@Heneka1 I took a look at your listing and there's several things I'm going to suggest. 

First of all, your photos-  half of them are duplicates, you shouldn't have 2 photos of the same thing. The colors are bad- it looks like you used some filters on some of them? Open the bedroom curtains, make it look bright and cheerful. You're in the tropics- yet your photos make the place look dark and gloomy. The decor- much too pink and frilly. Won't appeal to men and probably not to most couples or even a lot of women. Think simple lines, forget the ruffles, forget the pink. You have no photos of kitchen facilities, altho you list kitchen as an amenity. 

What kind of guest situation do you foresee for a bedroom with 1 double bed and 1 single bed? I don't think that's very practical. Maybe a couple with a child, but other than that? If I were you, I'd take the single bed out, making the bedroom more spacious, and list for maximum 2 people. Make sure there's a bedside table and a reading lamp.

Your listing description could be edited a bit. You say you're excited to host and show guests around Jamaica. What does this mean? Are you planning to be available to take your guests out sightseeing every day? I think your statement is too broad and non-specific. Under "Interaction with guests" you wrote what sounds like a personal resume- Interaction with guests isn't about us, it means what the guests can expect from the host- are you home all day? If so, do you give guests space to do their own thing, are you open to having coffee and chat with them? (I see you offer breakfast, you could say something like "I'll see you every day when I serve your breakfast, we can have a chat then if you like, or if you prefer to keep to yourselves, I respect your wish for privacy." Are you available at any time to answer their questions or offer assistance, or do you work from X o'clock to Y o'clock, that's the kind of thing hosts write in that section.

I'd suggest you read through some of the experienced hosts listings on this forum to get some ideas for the photo gallery and the listing description. Just click on any host's profile photo, which will take you to their profile and then scroll down to click on their lisiting.

All the best, I'm sure bookings will come, be patient.

Hi Sarah,  I see you have really taken the time to give this some thought. I really appreciate it. I will look at your suggstions and make improvement. 🙂

Hi @Sarah0 I have started making changes based on your suggestion. I will be updating the listing this week. On another note, I also recently listed on another platform and got my first booking yesterday...I am super happy.

@Heneka1  Oh, I'm so glad you got your first booking, I hope it's super, and that you found some of the suggestions worth considering. Thank you for your response.