Giving a bad review

Katie60
Level 1
Underhill, VT

Giving a bad review

I recently has a couple stay in our guest house and leave it an absolute mess.  I know messes, I have 4 kids!  But this was just gross.  Food EVERYWHERE.  Full plates of it in bed, stained sheets, pots and pans full of food on the stove stop, all over the cabinets, bathrrom tron apart, personal effects leaft everywhere, blood smeared in the bathrrom... It looked like a scene from Animal House.  We have NEVER had quests treat the house poorly.  This was really disheartening.  I had a weird feeling about them from the begining. They were pretty stand offish and never really made eye contact with me.  The whole experience was strange. I have never left a review that was anything less than 5 stars.  I don't want to be a jerk...but c'mon!  This was bad.  I am kind of of the mind set that is you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anythign at all.  What happens if I do not leave any review at all?  Is there a way just to report them as gross house guests to airbnb but not leave it for the world to see? What would you do?    

17 Replies 17
Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Just do it if you feel you are right 

Julie1549
Level 1
Cape Girardeau, MO

This past week, I was a guest in a house that was shabby, and although not filty dirty, it wasn't the "sparkling clean" that I had read about. The room that I rented was situated at the front of the house, near a very busy street that was super noisy most of the night. I had to park on that street, which was also a very unpleasant experience.

The ceiling fan in my bedroom was missing two blades and the whole contraption dangled precariously over my bed. I pulled a comforter out of the closet, and it smelled terribly of a nasty body odor. The house was dark and creepy, and the hosts (husband and wife) were reserved and stand-offish.

Yet, I'm hesitant to write a bad review. The host wrote a glowing review about me as a guest. I'm moving to that city and I don't want any retribution for a bad review. Also, how did this place get so many good reviews and the title of "super host"? I am now understanding why this house is way less expensive than the others. I thought I had found a diamond in the rough; instead, it was a lump of coal in the ditch.

I just don't think Airbnb is what this young couple should be doing. So many items in the house were in need of repair or even just a fresh coat of paint. The house needs major renovations to be a good place for Airbnb. As it is, it's a dump with no hospitality.

I recently have a bad experience on the Airbnb website, I made a reservation to Colombia for from March 26, 2022 to March 29, 2022. and Airbnb sent me the confirmation and told me to wait for the host to contact me in the last 24 hours. I waited and the host never answered me, I contacted the host and he told me that there was no reservation and that the apartment was taken by someone else.  I tried to contact Airbnb on the phone and my call was never answered. I made another booking but Airbnb charged me for the last booking and for the new booking and now I am cancelling both bookings as I interpreted this transaction as a scam and now I don't have my money in my bank to make the booking for my trip because the Airbnb told me that I have to wait 16 days to receive my money back.  Airbnb does not care about us as customers and does not recognize when they make mistakes, this company acts as companies of Chinese origin.