Giving full refunds to customers who cancel (without Airbnb keeping their service fee)

Answered!
Link0
Level 2
Whitefish, MT

Giving full refunds to customers who cancel (without Airbnb keeping their service fee)

Hi,

We live in a resort community which has tennis courts, pool, hot tub, sauna and other amenities that we advertise.  The community closed the hot tub for repairs which was a main reason that the guests had booked.  When I told them (prior to their arrival date) that the hot tub was closed, they cancelled their reservation.  I would love to see them get a full refund.  How do I do this?  I was able to use the resolution center to refund the amount that was paid out to me; however, I could not enter a larger amount.  How can I send them more money?  They no longer pop up in my resolution center since their reservation was cancelled.  Is there a way for me to send them additional money or get AirBnb to refund them the service charge they kept?

Thanks

1 Best Answer
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Link0 probably not, unless you want to reimburse them out-of-pocket and off-platform.

In future, maybe call Airbnb and explain the situation and ask Airbnb to cancel with no penalty to either party.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Link0 probably not, unless you want to reimburse them out-of-pocket and off-platform.

In future, maybe call Airbnb and explain the situation and ask Airbnb to cancel with no penalty to either party.

Link0
Level 2
Whitefish, MT

Thanks Lisa,

In the end I did contact AirBnb and they agreed to refund the service charge directly to the guest.

Thanks,

Link