Got my first booking.................

Anna-And-Peter0
Level 2
Rhone-Alpes, France

Got my first booking.................

Hello everyone

I am new to using Airbnb and have received my first booking, WooHoo!!!

The guest has been and gone, with no problem.  We are a B&B and therefore a lot of the hints and tips on this site do not affect us, but I have a question regarding the email received about leaving a review.

We are with another well known reservation site and have decided when we received reviews we would not reply.  We feel it can become nasty and petty if review is not to ours or their liking.  We do actually have an average of 8.7 out of 10, which we are very proud off!

Anyway, I waffle on!!  My question really is, am I obliged to leave areview about a guest who stayed for one night, perhaps a total of 12 hours????

I look forward to your help!!!

Anna

5 Replies 5
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

You are not obliged to leave a review, but It is helpful for other hosts if you leave one.  Next time your guest might book a host home room or an apartment and not a b&b. If you were happy with your guest, just write that. I write something short like "excellent guests, highly recommended." In my latest guest review I mentioned communication issues as they did not speak any English and my Polish is rusty to put it mildly.  Reviews are "blind" - they will not see your review until they post theirs, so there is no reason anything should go nasty.  

I once stayed with a host who did not leave me a review - I will not use that place again .....

Thank you!!!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Anna-And-Peter0,

Congratulations on your first booking, I hope this the first of many for you. Just wanted to add to advice you have receive here, that reviews are quite a commonly discussed topic here in the Community Center and as such there are many discussions with some great points given so I would recommend you explore these further by using the search bar found at the top of every page in the CC. 

I hope this is helpful. Happy posting and hosting. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Marcus0
Level 10
Berlin, DE

I may be wrong, but not completing reviews may slow your status progress to superhost or affect your search ranking.

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

As a courtesy, we review all guests, even if they just stay one night. Guests need to have reviews if they are going to be able to use instant book in some cases. Other hosts look to guest reviews to determine if they will be a good fit. Consider what a guest who's looking at your property might think if they see that you've not taken the time to review any previous guest?