Government stimulus are Airbnb hosts interested in pursuing?

Bernard270
Level 1
Roseburg, OR

Government stimulus are Airbnb hosts interested in pursuing?

Contact me if you are interested in pursuing possible government stimulus funds in the USA.

11 Replies 11
Parrish1
Level 2
St Augustine, FL

It would be helpful if AirBnB would inform us of how the bill passed by Senate last night and due to be in House tomorrow affects us.

Greetings Fellow Hosts across America.

I am dismayed that AirBnB HS, S.F., CA is not providing any info, let alone updates, on potential stimulus relief from the U.S. Senate Coronavirus Relief Bill passed yesterday in D.C. I find it highly odd that no hosts are talking about this issue and how it impacts their own bottom line as hosts. Are we not considered and therefore excluded from stimulus relief funds because we are not traditional Federal IRS 1099 Form wage earners? What is our status exactly? Do we need to lobby for funds for our contingency? 

I, as I imagine other hosts, have experienced cancellations of 95% of all bookings into May 2020. I am retired and depend on this income stream exclusively for food, gas, household supplies, home and property maintenance, and very modest personal discretionary purchases as of late 2017. 

Any discussion is welcomed. Feeling isolated and uncertain in Memphis, TN. 

Kyoko21
Level 1
New York, NY

I just recognized this page today. Probably many host don't recognized this page. 

My reservation was all canceled, and now I really don't know how I can pay for my apartment rent. I joined as host to Airbnb to pay rent, not for my income. I am wondering what is our status exactly.  I understand the situation of COVID-19, but Airbnb accept all cancellation from guests and  cannot do anything for hosts? 

Amanda1418
Level 2
Bronson, FL

I would love to hear from Airbnb on this topic 

I am also wondering if Airbnb hosts will receive a stimulus check once signed by President Trump.

Jeff172
Level 1
Swannanoa, NC

am interested if we qualify for forgivable loans and unemployment as gig workers. How do we go about applying?

Kathy110
Level 1
Fayetteville, GA

i am very interested in applying for the loan / unemployment / something that would help Airbnb hosts 

Gary-and-Elaine0
Level 2
Queen Creek, AZ

I would love for ABB to give input to hosts as to our qualifying as independent contractors and loss of income with funding from gov stimulus package

Charles401
Level 2
Chicago, IL

I’m totally interested in this topic. I can’t seem to find any mention of Airbnb host being qualified for any assistance.

Rebecca414
Level 2
Bogart, GA

I got an email about the owner of Airbnb hosting a live talk tomorrow regarding hosts, the pandemic and our future. However I cannot find a link anywhere on my page or in the community area of Airbnb regarding the live feed on March 30, 2020.  We are in dire need of help as community partners in this Airbnb platform. Without bookings we cannot host.  @Chesky0