Green dot on host profile

Answered!
Julie462
Level 1
Bath, United Kingdom

Green dot on host profile

For the last day or so, I have a green dot on my Airbnb host profile.

There doesn’t seem to be any action required of me, but it hasn’t gone away. I called Airbnb, but they don’t seem to know why it’s there either.

Anyone else got the same annoying problem?

1 Best Answer

I just received a msg from Airbnb.  It is an app glitch they are working on it.  It’s nice to know we’re not supposed to do something when we see it!  Have a great night!

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19
Rose279
Level 1
Hendersonville, NC

Yes!  I was just searching to see if anybody else knew what it meant. I was going to call Airbnb too so maybe it’s just some glitch?  I wondered if it was related to the new thing that’s coming up where we get our own unique web address. Maybe someone else will answer that knows what’s going on !  It’s interesting that Airbnb doesn’t know.

Willene1
Level 9
Kaleden, Canada

Same here. I’ve checked every single area to see if there was an issue to no avail.  Also searching here to find a solution. Anyone know what this is alerting us to? 

I’ve searched everywhere also.  Can’t wait until someone finds out!

I just received a msg from Airbnb.  It is an app glitch they are working on it.  It’s nice to know we’re not supposed to do something when we see it!  Have a great night!

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Julie462 ooh very sinister. Off to check my profile and report back.

No green dot in the app but my number of stars and August income are both incorrect.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Julie462 @Ione12 @Rose279 @Willene1 

Can you post a screenshot of this green dot? When I look at your profile I can't see one and I don't have one on mine.

Willene1
Level 9
Kaleden, Canada

Doesn’t seem to let me post a screenshot 

Willene1
Level 9
Kaleden, Canada

895FE051-3384-4D55-B4BE-942FE6AE0214.png

Aha. There ya go. Just took awhile. 

Marla-and-Walter0
Level 2
Middle West Pubnico, Canada

This looks exactly like mine. 

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

Do you have any unread messages in the in box of the traveling position? Even if you don't travel support sends messages there.

No, no unread messages in hosting or travelling . Also when I switch to travelling, the green dot disappears. Only comes back when I switch back to hosting. 

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

Hmm. Seems you are possessed. 👻👻👻🙄

Kristin-And-Chris0
Level 2
El Segundo, CA

having the exact same problem, came here to see if I'm the only one.  Typical that Airbnb customer reps do not know what's going on.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oo interesting, yeah I would have guessed a long the lines of @Beth80. I wonder as it is only on your host profile, could it mean you need to update something on your profile or there is something new? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.