Grouping Photographs by Category

Answered!
Robert4737
Level 2
New York, NY

Grouping Photographs by Category

Dear Community, 

As someone with a property in the NY Catskills, where we have four distinct seasons offering guests distinct activities and experiences, I have long been frustrated with the add and edit photos platform on here--having to manual drag each photo all the way up to the top one by one make rearranging the sequence of photos prohibitively time consuming. Since you want to feature images that represent what guests are looking for and what they can expect to experience in a particular season, the lack of any functional way to arrange photos in groups presents a recurring obstacle. It seems however that thematic grouping of photos (by room, amenity, etc.) is possible; I came across this listing in my area this morning. It just occurred to me that I can just reach out to the host and ask, but now that I've written this up, I'll go ahead and post on the expectation that others have struggled with this issue. Here is the link to the listing.

If I hear back from the hosts on how they did this, I will post a follow up.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/42888319/photos?adults=4&check_in=2021-12-10&check_out=2021-12-12&feder...

1 Best Answer
Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Robert4737That's a good catch that you found that listing. I would also be very interested to know how they did it

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Ivan1781
Level 2
Istria County, Croatia

Hello!

I am also looking for a solution to this. Wherever I ask, they tell me that I should create rooms under Listing details > Rooms and spaces and assign photos to those rooms there. For me, this doesn't work but maybe for you, it will.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Robert4737  I don't know how to get to that photo display from the listing page.  Like @Ivan1781, I've assigned photos to all the spaces, but in preview mode I don't see anything like what you've shown above.  Here's the link - maybe you can see how to get there?  https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/23646613?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=c2b14298-1c7a-454b-9bc5...

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Ann. I will follow the link you provided and let the forum know if I meet with any success. I did bring this issue to the attention of airbnb admin, but who knows how the process of review works. 

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Robert4737That's a good catch that you found that listing. I would also be very interested to know how they did it

Hi Bob, I've been in multiple contact with the host, but she has no idea how her photos ended up organized that way; hers is not the only listing in my area with categorized photos, though. If I can hunt down another similar listing again, I will reach out to that host as well.

D0B5893B-6B9A-464C-A7FB-DC58D5679610.jpeg

F6D0BD16-7570-4557-9E14-9FF353716BC4.jpeg

@Robert4737 When I’m in listing editor on the listing details page in ‘rooms and spaces’, I think I can assign photos to different spaces. I’ve never paid any attention to that section but I did find myself wondering once why it says ‘no photos’. Because I do have photos, ha ha. Now I realize it’s allowing me to assign them. If I click on ‘no photos’, it takes me to the second screenshot I’ve posted, ‘assign existing photos of this area.’

@Colleen253  I've done that, too, but can't see how to get to the result that's like the array @Robert4737 linked to above.  Have you gotten there?

@Ann72 Hmmm. No. And to be honest, I’m slightly afraid to make any changes to my listing. It IS Airbnb, after all. Perhaps this is some new auto feature that’s been rolled out to select listings only. I first noticed some listings display photos in this manner in fairly recent history. I kind of wondered when it would be applied to mine. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Colleen253 "And to be honest, I’m slightly afraid to make any changes to my listing. It IS Airbnb, after all."

I know- I want to post all new photos before I open back up to bookings, but I feel the same- I could just imagine having some huge glitch where all my original photos disappear and I can't post new ones.

I have solved it.
I when in and erased most of the rooms Ai created and then it came back in the original order without the photo tour!