Guest Cancellation

Guest Cancellation

Hi there everyone! So I’ve been hosting for around 6 months now and I received a confirmed booking. When I messaged the guest just to give her a heads up I’d be out of town for most of her stay I mentioned something about my dog and who would be watching him. She then stated she didn’t know I had a dog and it was her fault for not reading my listing in full and that she  had severe allergies to animals and asked if I would please have someone watch him in their own home or keep him in a room. At that point I told her he doesn’t have a kennel and he would have free roam of the home as he lived there. The more I thought about it I decided to ask her to kindly try to find another listing as I’d be out of the country and unreachable and my friend agreed to stay IN My home and watch the dog. She then got nasty with me and was pretty rude. I called customer service and they agreed that since she hadn’t read my profile and seen that the dog was listed there and I should have to worry about an issue and her reservation was canceled. I offered a full refund. My question is why is the amount she was refunded being deducted from my current payout if she canceled and it was in plenty of time before the checkin date. I have my cancellation policy set to moderate. I called customer service And the gentleman I spoke to was fumbling trying to explain and rightfully so it doesn’t make any sense I have t physically received any fund from her booking so why am I paying for her refund???

1 Reply 1
Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

Hi @Carrie326,

I've not had any experience with refunds so I'm hardly the authority, but it doesn't make sense to me either - you haven't been paid yet for the booking so why have airbnb withdrawn funds from your account?

There seem to be a LOT of payment issues going on at the moment - hosts taking ages to get paid, I'm wondering if this is yet another glitch?

I think all you can do is continue to hound them ( politely)

A number of hosts report greater success using twitter to post a problem than emailing or ringing.

Good luck.

Let us know how you get on.