Guest Dispute

Rebeca162
Level 2
West Palm Beach, FL

Guest Dispute

I am an Airbnb host and have a guest that wants to cancel her reservation prior to her stay and get a full refund. The cancellation policy on my listings are "Strict" and she is only allowed 50% back. I have tried helping her in everyway I can. Now, she is telling me that she is going to dispute the charge in order to avoid the cancellation policy.

What should I do in this situation?

I would appreciate any help on this, thank you! 

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Rebeca162  Do nothing. You shouldn't have engaged with her about this at all, other than to tell her that Airbnb handles cancellations and refunds according to the cancellation policy in place.

And you can also offer to refund any dates you are able to rebook, which can appease some guests.

In the situation that she files a dispute, what happens? @Sarah977 

@Rebeca162  Clueless CS reps often refund guests in contravention of the host's cancellation policy, who give them some sob story. But according to policy, the guest isn't entitled to more than her 50% unless her reason for cancelling falls under the Extenuating Circumstannces policy. 

So hopefully she gets nowhere with her "dispute" and if she does, you can try to fight it with Airbnb.

Okay, I understand. Thank you so much for your response.