Guest Left A Suitcase for Me To Store Which I Did Not Agree To Do

Rs0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Guest Left A Suitcase for Me To Store Which I Did Not Agree To Do

My most recent guest left behind a suitcase and a hat that she asked that I store for her until she returns to my city in May.  I never agreed to do this and I was out of town the day she checked out.  She left me a handwritten note saying, 'why travel with so much extra stuff?'  In addition to this, she was somewhat unbalanced, did not check out at the agreed upon time of noon (my housekeeper came to clean in my absense as I had a new guest checking in the same day) and left 2 horus later.  While she was staying with me she spread her things throughout my home, though tidy, it was everywhere including half of my kitchen counter space and my entire dining room table and everywhere in my bathroom.  

I do not know what the appropriate thing to do is as I have almost 30 5 star reveiws and have never had an experience like this.  Should I review her?  Should I discuss with airbnb?  Please advise.

1 Reply 1
Eileen4
Level 10
Champlain, Canada

How long is she staying in May? If it's not for long, you may want to grin and bear it.

You've got two choices: Cancel and send the suitcase back or wait for her to come and get it. If she left it without your permission, you may want to ship it back to her and deduct the money from the damage deposit. I don't know what else to say.