Guest Refund on a cancellation

Terence34
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Guest Refund on a cancellation

Hi All,

Wondering if you can help.

We have a situation whereby it was best for the guest to cancel the stay with us due to complaints with neighbours.

We have a flexible cancellation policy but as the guest is due to check in tomorrow they are being advised I need to cancel as host for them to get refund.

I have already paid them the difference to stay at another apartment so I just need Airbnb to allow them to cancel and be refunded and then for me to be able to still list the property and not be fined etc.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why do you need to refund them ? why are you paying them to stay somewhere else,.

Sorry @Terence34  I am a little confused?

If your guest broke your house rules around noise or other anti-social behaviour which generated neighbour complaints, you were perfectly entitled to ask Airbnb to cancel the booking.

There is nothing for you to refund or return to the guest.

Do not cancel. Speak to Airbnb. 

Terence34
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

This guest hasn't, however a previous guest resulted in a noise complaint. We do state no parties but had immediate bookings on and as a result a neighbour complained about a previous guest and now the onwer of the apartment is stating we can't use Airbnb for any groups. We have a group expected to arrive tomorrow so I said can you cancel and I will pay you the difference from the alternative accommodation which we agreed on. I sent the guest the additional money for the inconvience and they are happy with that but then when they attempted to cancel they can't get a refund so I need to cancel in order for them to be refunded.

Jillian99
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Well I would love to know what the rule is if you turn up to find the hosts were not there forcing you to find alternative accomodation but then on top telling you to find alternative accomodation and NO refund.