Guest Review Not Showing

Eelyn0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Guest Review Not Showing

Hi there,

Some recent guests left a review a week ago on Mon 12th Feb. I immediately reciprocated and left them a review. My review appears on the guest's page but their review is not showing on mine. Anyone had that problem?

Thanks

Eelyn

11 Replies 11
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Eelyn0 yes I've had the same problem 3 times recently. Once it eventually showed up, twice I had to contact Airbnb to release them. It seems to be a fault.

Eelyn0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thanks @Alexandra316. I guess I'll have to contact them.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Check the end of your review section. This happened to me once and the explanation was that reviews are ordered by country of origin so you see reviews from your people from your own country before reviews from people from other countries.

Eelyn0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thanks @Lisa723! I've had a look and it's not there either. I'm now in touch with Airbnb hoping they will be able to release it.

Sustra0
Level 2
Knysna, ZA

Hi Eelyn and Alexandra, 

i have the similar problem. Our reviews just don’t appear. Where and how do you contact AirBnB. I have left them a message but haven’t received a answer yet. Thanks Sustra

Eelyn0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi Sustra,

My case has now been referred to the 'Bugs Department' ha ha !

Quote from Airbnb: "...I am writing to inform you that after consultation with my supervisor that I must escalate your case to our bugs department and your issue seems to be a system issue...."

You can contact them here:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/contact_us

Choose 'it's something else'

Good luck,

Eelyn

Alison256
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

I am having a similar issue with one review. I called Airbnb and they can see the review, but I can't. I don't know why it does not show up on my page. They were no help. 

Helen407
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi Eelyn,

Same.

We have been "noticing" this also i.e. NOT seeing them show up on our Mobile Android devices but generally appearing via the website (via the laptop).

Sometimes after the guest and we complete each other's reviews they show, but mostly not in the last 3-4 months. 😞

Have also logged tickets with HQ.

Also,

Has anyone noticed only LOCAL reviews showing, and not - say - overseas reviews from your guests ?

You know I contacted airbnb too and they dont care! they only care for your money, they dont care for customer support! 

Kate401
Level 2
Mesa, AZ

Hope Airbnb reads this

There needs to be two check box systems a tab of its own would be nice

but otherwise put them on the transaction page

List guests with dates of occupancy

host reviewed  Y/N- guest reviewed Y/N

Possible guests want to see the reviews

I TRY SO HARD TO GET GOOD REVIEWS

and yet I spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME, adding reviews, having them lost, re writting them - not knowing if a Guest has sent in a review

ALSO old reviews - if they are not perfect should be removed from my/host profile, as the problem has been fixed and my score should not continued to be penalized

Kate **** in Mesa AZ

[Personal information hidden for safety reasons]