Guest Unable to Book Special Offer

Tracy642
Level 2
Savannah, GA

Guest Unable to Book Special Offer

Hello-

Hello. Our handyman, who is an older gentleman and has never used Airbnb, asked to book our home 12/30-1/1 so his family can stay at our home for his wedding weekend (the wedding is not at the house). We know this man well, but we asked him to book on Airbnb for a number of compliance reasons.

We gave him a special offer so he could stay at a discounted rate and Airbnb is denying his reservation, He is getting this message: "Your reservation cannot be completed because a pattern of high safety issues may occur." I am assuming this is because it is 12/31. We would really like him to be able to book a stay with us at the discounted rate for his wedding weekend. We know him and he probably knows our house better than us!

I contacted help and they said that there is nothing that can be done on my hosting account and he needed to call guest help. He called and was told once he gets this message, nothing else can be done and he cannot stay in our home. 

Is there another solution to override this?  I really do not want to have his family not have a place to stay. Thank you.

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tracy642  I don't understand why you wouldn't just rent to him direct. You say "compliance issues" but I can't imagine what those might be.  It's your home, it seems like you could choose to let anyone stay and make any arrangement you want.

You won't be able to override this. 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Tracy642 like @Sarah977 I'm very curious about what "compliance issues" would require you to impose Airbnb's service fees on your guest and yourself.

If he won't be staying at the house himself that's a third-party booking, which is against Airbnb's rules-- and the fact that he is local might be triggering this blockage, so you might address both issues by asking a member of his family who will be traveling to stay at your house to book instead.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Tracy642  You are certainly not obligated to use Airbnb to rent to your own family and friends, there is no reason why you can't simply rent to this person directly, and if you are worried about something like damages, get a security deposit.  I must be missing something.