Guest Unable to Send Inquiry to me, the Host

Answered!

Guest Unable to Send Inquiry to me, the Host

I have a guest trying desperately to reserve several weeks in a row Monday thru Wed (3 nights) to complete his graduate practicum.  Because Airbnb does not provide the ability to reserve recurring reservations by inquiry, he must enter each week separately and then send an inquiry so that I can respond with an offer (I am discounting because of the recurrence).  This worked for him once. the 2nd time he said the App will only allow him to enter his credit info and book.  It doesn't allow him to send a message to the host prior to booking.  Thoughts?

1 Best Answer
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Brian-And-Laurie0 Airbnb is set up really poorly for guests who have multiple reservations confirmed at one time. They seriously need to address this and revise the system.

To sort this out, the guest needs to book his desired dates as is. Once you receive the confirmation, you will click "Change or Cancel Reservation." Then proceed to change the reservation. You will update the price to account for the discounted rate. A notification will be sent to the guest to accept the new rate.

I've done this dozens of times. It just takes a couple of extra steps. 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Brian-And-Laurie0 If your guest is having difficulty booking, I would get them to contact Airbnb. If there is a problem with a site, you can't do anything to fix it, nor can you initiate a booking on his behalf, so it's best just to direct him to customer service. 

I've never seen a listing before where you can't contact the host before booking. The box is down at the bottom of the listing, though, completely seperate from the booking button at the top. My guess would be that they're only looking at the top of the listing. Have them scroll down and look for the Contact Host button, which is with your host information. He can enter the dates and send an inquiry, and you can generate a special offer from that inquiry. 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Brian-And-Laurie0 Airbnb is set up really poorly for guests who have multiple reservations confirmed at one time. They seriously need to address this and revise the system.

To sort this out, the guest needs to book his desired dates as is. Once you receive the confirmation, you will click "Change or Cancel Reservation." Then proceed to change the reservation. You will update the price to account for the discounted rate. A notification will be sent to the guest to accept the new rate.

I've done this dozens of times. It just takes a couple of extra steps.