Guest WITHOUT Profile photo

Alberto51
Level 3
Portugal

Guest WITHOUT Profile photo

Hi everyone,

I have a guest who made an "instant booking" and who has NO profile photo. Airbnb rules state:

"Airbnb requires the following from every guest: Profile photo"

How was it possible that this person was able to do an "instant booking"? 

Definition of instant booking according to Airbnb: "Guests must still meet Airbnb’s requirements", so, if one of the requirements is having a profile photo, i wonder how tbis situation was possible..

Can anybody help?

Txs

Al

153 Replies 153
Carolyn305
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I to have received a booking from a man from Brazil who has used a profile pic of Johnny Depp......with his reputation for arrests, addiction and abiuse I am more than a little concerned!!! Suggestions please....

He has provided an email address and phone number but no ID and he has only 1 very short review...

I am confused by the setting that says:

(Check a guest’s profile photo)

Profile photo required
If you turn on this requirement, you’ll be able to see guests’ profile photos after a booking is confirmed, but not before. 

So, my question is, If I turn this setting to off, will I be able to see the potential guests picture before the booking?

I look on the help page (see below and it doesn't make this clear.

Checking out your guest’s profile photo is a great way to get to know them. If it’s not available, here’s why: 

• The booking isn't confirmedTheir photo only becomes available after confirmation. 
  • They don’t have oneWhile we strongly encourage guests to add photos, we don’t require them—

@Shawn592  Hosts never see a guest's profile photo before a booking is confirmed, regardless of whether  it's an IB or a request and regardless of what requirements you check.

And your question doesn't make much sense- if someone books by IB, the host doesn't even know about the booking until it's confirmed.