Guest WITHOUT Profile photo

Alberto51
Level 3
Portugal

Guest WITHOUT Profile photo

Hi everyone,

I have a guest who made an "instant booking" and who has NO profile photo. Airbnb rules state:

"Airbnb requires the following from every guest: Profile photo"

How was it possible that this person was able to do an "instant booking"? 

Definition of instant booking according to Airbnb: "Guests must still meet Airbnb’s requirements", so, if one of the requirements is having a profile photo, i wonder how tbis situation was possible..

Can anybody help?

Txs

Al

153 Replies 153

Everybody needs to start MULTIPLE conversation threads on this topic to trigger the threshold of the algorithm we assume they are using. Its the only way to get their attention. I just posted 7 "new conversations," with slightly different subject lines in each so as not to immediately be dismissed as duplicates.  Ideally there would be a small change within the body of each email as well so they aren't flagged as dupes.

We will have to help each other and work together to get this done.

Barbara9
Level 2
North Richland Hills, TX

Dear Taylor,

I have had my registered guest let other people in the back door. I had no idea who they were either. I always go take a photo of the license plate, and I don't care if they see me.

I think as a host, I should get a photo because the person will sleep in the next bedroom on the same hallway. Have you ever tried to sleep with a total stranger 20 feet away? 

I rent a guest room in my private home.I take a photo of my guests lisence plate also. I also require a look at their Government ID and I copy the numbers in my registration book.

If I am allowing complete strangers into my home where I and my family reside then it stands to reason that I must know who the people are, and have a way of tracking or identifying them if there is a problem.

I personally think the photo requirement is unnecessary. It is silly to think that you can evaluate what kind of person you are dealing with based upon a photo. To do so is the epitomy of profiling an individual.  However I do strongly feel that the guests need provide a written profile about themselves. Song

Song

i replaced my host picture with  a hand-written note stating i would not "be accepting strangers without a face" 

if we ALL did this, there would be no place for them to stay and they would have to address it immediatley. 

No instant booking for me!!!!  Air B & B does not like this.  Too bad!  I'm looking out for me first!

Barbara9
Level 2
North Richland Hills, TX

I will not use IB. People do not read the rules, etc. They only look at the price and location. I ask them:

Do you smoke?

Do you bring alcohol and get drunk?

Do you cuss?

Do you bring other people not on the contract?

Do you bring pets?

Airbnb does not enforce the rules. In fact they threated the host when guest broke all my rules. They always side with the guest, no matter what. So be careful before you click accept.

Airbnb does not seem to care about hosts. Guests can break all the rules they want without any consequence. They can cause damage without any consequence, unless the host charges a security deposit and proves guest was responsible. All the burden is on the host. It’s really a bummer. 

Scusa sono nuova nel settore.

Un chiarmento: se c'è una foto di una famiglia e poi si presentano 4 "scapestrati". Che fai ?

Come si gestiscono queste situazioni ?

Write to Airbnb. We did this with a guest who had a sunset for his photo instead of himself, and they asked him to change it. If you're uncomfortable, Airbnb will likely cancel on your behalf without penalty. The guy with the sunset photo we were worried about actually happened to be one of our best guests, so you never know! But, better to feel safe about it then to be sorry.

I had this happen to me.  The guest has not arrived yet but I felt pressured to book.  I did reach out to Airbnb about this but didn't get a reply.  I'm new at hosting have felt lost about what to do next.  I hope this works out.  I have since gone in and entered my ID and requested guests to also provide an ID.  Will this affect bookins, not sure.

Rachel

Mt. David Home

Cottage Grove, OR

No photo or last name, n

@Jake-and-Melissa0 wrote:

Write to Airbnb. We did this with a guest who had a sunset for his photo instead of himself, and they asked him to change it. If you're uncomfortable, Airbnb will likely cancel on your behalf without penalty. The guy with the sunset photo we were worried about actually happened to be one of our best guests, so you never know! But, better to feel safe about it then to be sorry.

o instant booking for me!!!!  Air B & B does not like this.  Too bad!  I'm looking out for me first!

I think everyone should write airbnb when this happens and not just in this forum. I just had this happen with a guy who had an animal icon for profile and reported it to tech, and am waiting for an answer---this violates 'our' safety.... and bypasses their filter. 

No photo or last name, no

@Jake-and-Melissa0 wrote:

o instant booking for me!!!!  Air B & B does not like this.  Too bad!  I'm looking out for me first!

Nikki100
Level 2
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom

I’m getting too many requests from guests these days either without photos or photos of dogs, cars etc. Strikes me that anyone who withholds verification details is not someone I want to invite into. Y home. 

On the other hand, there are those of us who worry that  you can discriminate based on our age, or the color of our skin.  Or just the way we look. What can you tell us about that?