Guest WITHOUT Profile photo

Alberto51
Level 3
Portugal

Guest WITHOUT Profile photo

Hi everyone,

I have a guest who made an "instant booking" and who has NO profile photo. Airbnb rules state:

"Airbnb requires the following from every guest: Profile photo"

How was it possible that this person was able to do an "instant booking"? 

Definition of instant booking according to Airbnb: "Guests must still meet Airbnb’s requirements", so, if one of the requirements is having a profile photo, i wonder how tbis situation was possible..

Can anybody help?

Txs

Al

153 Replies 153

Those are wrong reasons to decline a reservation and you should be able to get a reason for the decline if you ask.  If it sounds fishy you should report them to Airbnb.  Besides, do you want to stay in the home of such a narrowminded person?  

I want to see who I will be renting to so I know who to look for in my drive.  It is a point of security, you will have our info, we need yours as well.  I hope you will come visit 🙂

I don't care where you are from, or your ethnicity, or you sexual orientation. However if you have 20 piercings in your face, or the face covering with tattoos anfd you are a guest from a retired community ... expect some tension with the neighboorhood.

I personally had a problem with this, especially since I am a single female retired individual.  It is my home, and I have a say as to who stays here.

in my note to airbnb about this ridiculous policy, i wrote that if the picture that i used to be able to see showed a person with "**bleep** you" tattooed across their forehead, i could pass on that one. Now, good luck . 

i changed our profile picture to hand-written note in sharpie that reads

"only accepting previous guests, no strangers without a face"

Thank you for being frank about how you do discriminate! Song

Airbnb can look up if a host has discriminating selection. It works both ways. I declined a person who didnt answer me back for 24 hours. He could imply discrimiation but it wasnt. The same with the girl who popped open my locked chest. If they call Airbnb they could see not true as i have booked several responsible thoughtful every kind of person. If the dialoque is not right i dont want to take the chance. 

Go to social media and shout it out!  VRBO is looking better every day!

John2563
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I had accepted a guest with only a picture not a profile picture? I am sad to say that this person not only broke my house rules by smoking in the bedroom but spilling beer on the carpet and was found wandering around the upstairs rooms opening doors. They where compleatly disrespectful and so far not posted a review as I suspect they know I will give them a poor review myself. This person was a host as well ! The answer to this is to reject anyone who does not provide a profile picture and then take this refusal up with AirBnB 

Fran1
Level 2
Eden, Australia

Is a symbol acceptable as a guest photo?  I have a potential guest whose photo is an Egyptian cross.  Should I be worried?

Lisa396
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

I had the same thing happen to me. And after a couple of days we noticed the they had caused damage to my husbands summer car which was stored in the garage, mind you we tell our guests the garage is off limits. And so when I tried to collect for the damage done I got the run around for months and no reimbursment what so ever. From what I've read you can always cancel the trip if your not happy with the situation. All the best my friend.

I have just had the same problem . A guest did an instant booking without a profile photo . When I asked if she could send me one she said she doesn't put her photo on the internet and doesn't have a Facebook account . She says

it is enough that she sent Airbnb her drivers licence , although I don't get to see that myself. is enough that she sent  lAirBnB her dr

Sorry I am continuing this message as had problem with the last screen . 

I feel that Airbnb should not let through guests instant booking if they have not provided a profile photo , rather than a scene or Symbol . Airbnb need to address this if they want us to continue offering instant booking . Thank you Tracey 

@Tracey65  I had an inquiry recently,  no image, no email, no phone number , no nothing totally blank - she said she had uploaded all her information to Airbnb, but nothing was on her profile. I called Airbnb and they said they had recieved nothing from her. Turns out it was a scam and her account was removed.

ya

How do you call AirBNB?