Guest able to leave an inaccurate review based personal bias

Claytonna0
Level 1
Sweet Valley, PA

Guest able to leave an inaccurate review based personal bias

I  am a superhost with more than 400 5 star reviews. I recently had a guest arrive at 8pm the day of check-in and called airbnb to cancel because they saw my husband is a taxidermist. They told airbnb they were upset because I eould be cooking bacon and had an animal mount hanging in our common area along with making statements about their room being seperated from the dinning area by a "single piece of barnwood" which is actually a 2inch thick 50lb barn door and seperates the sitting area of their suite from the kitchen.    Truth is when they pulled into our drive and saw my husbands sign rhey already decided they weren't staying. They never even took their bags from the car! They wer in my house less than 10min and were able to leave a review even though they areived 1 hr before check in time ended and stayed 10 min. 

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Claytonna0  Well, you have 195, not 400, reviews showing on your profile, but that's not relevant.

There is nothing in your listing that shows that there are dead animal heads hanging on the walls, and I wouldn't enjoy looking at that either, although I have nothing against the art of taxidermy -it's just not something I consider to be home decor and find it odd that some other people do.

I would definitely show it in your photo gallery. And mention in your listing description the fact that there is a taxidermy studio on the property if it's somewhere guests can see it or there are other examples on display. 

It may turn some guests off, but others may be interested by that.

Now if guests are vegetarian or vegan, it's up to them to check out whether a shared listing is also if they don't want to stay somewhere that meat will be cooked. 

As far as the barn door, if guests make misleading statements in their reviews, you can leave a brief response to clarify things for future guests. But I have to say, I wouldn't consider the style of doors you have, which I am familiar with and know have gaps all around even when closed, to make a space feel private, especially when it opens directly onto a communal kitchen.

Not sure what kind of help you are asking for here, or if you're just expressing your irritation with these guests.