Guest arriving with only a message on airb and b that states invited to book.... but not confirmed

Gizelle2
Level 1
West Coast DC, South Africa

Guest arriving with only a message on airb and b that states invited to book.... but not confirmed

Please let me know how to handle this.  Guests are currently in my place but i see no confirmed booking form air B and B - it states on the site - Invited to book - 2 days ago... but there is not booking confirmation yet they arrived and had my contact details... is this booking correct???  How can they be here but no confirmed booking- do I now charge them separately.... I assume they have not paid - I am asking them for their confirmation....  Please assist urgently

6 Replies 6
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Contact Airbnb immediately for advice. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Gizelle2 

if they booked their reservation should be in your "reservations"

https://www.airbnb.com/hosting/reservations/upcoming

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

Guess you have already been in contact with Airbnb, would be interested to know how they handle this!

i had a potential guest who sent just an ”enquiry”, and after a few messages seemed to think he had a booking and said he would check in the next day. And he had not even been ”invited to book” yet! I made it clear in a message he did not have a confirmed booking yet and could not just turn up, but never heard back and was nervous the whole next day, that he WOULD turn up. Don’t know if he had just misunderstood how things work on Airbnb, or if he was trying to trick me into letting him stay without booking and paying. 

Hope you get help from Airbnb and that things work out OK!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Any update, @Gizelle2 ?

Andrea-and-Francis0
Level 10
Mississauga, Canada

Never let anyone in your Airbnb without a confirmed booking. If they arrive, tell them they need to call Airbnb right away & set up the payment & confirm the booking etc. & if not then they are illegally trespassing. If Airbnb can't help & you have already let them in then kindly tell them they need to leave immediately or you will call police & have them evicted.

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Gizelle2 How did it go? What ended up happening?