Guest asked host for sex - review or not to review

Answered!
Christina56
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Guest asked host for sex - review or not to review

Last week I hosted a guy from Mexico who was in town for the Microsoft conference.  His flight arrived very late on Sunday night.  I waited up for him till just after 1am.  We greeted each other and said good night.  I slept on the sofa in the living room as I always do and my guest slept in the bedroom.

The next night, my guest came home at 3am.  I was half awake due to my insomnia and stress from work.  Suddenly, he yells out my name.  I sat up with a start, thinking that there must be some sort of emergency.  After hosting over 200 people, no guest has ever directly woken me up like that.

He approached my sofabed and reached out for a hug.  He asked if I was okay and then said, "Would you like to join me in my bed?"  It was dark but I could see that his shirt was half unbuttoned.

I said no and he marched back into his room.  I couldn't sleep a wink for the rest of the week.

He did leave a note the next day apologizing about waking me up.  I felt awkward and scared around him.  We didn't see each other much because I work long hours and he was out partying every night.

Should I review this guest or not?  And what should I even write in the review?

1 Best Answer
Bridget0
Level 10
Redmond, WA

If your good female friend was hosting this guy in her home, would you tell her? Of course you would.

"Guest woke me and asked me to go to bed with him. While he left the room when I declined I was disturbed. I would never rehost and would not recommend him to a shared living situation"

put out it also in the private to Airbnb section.

and thank you for doing so.

View Best Answer in original post

30 Replies 30

I don't understand why people don't report this more often. I was sick with pneumonia and the guy wouldn't let up. Pawing me, the 9 yards. SIXTY  PRIOR REVIEWS mostly 5 star. Air couldn't do a thing.  I called police and filed a report.