Guest booked wrong room option, how to change it.

Dave110
Level 2
Heywood, United Kingdom

Guest booked wrong room option, how to change it.

Help - I have two rooms which guests can book individually, but also they are listed as both rooms together. I have a guest who has mistakenly booked (and I assume paid AirBnB) for the two room option. It was a genuine booking mistake we spotted immediately, but how do I change iot and have them refunded the difference?  Can anyone advise please, as I am unsure and dont want to get it wrong and lose the guest any money. 

Thanks for advice and help in advance...

Dave

4 Replies 4

@Dave110

guest has to cancel their booking and re-book ..you MUST NOT cancel the reservation or you will be penalised

They could get a free refund ..see cancellation procedures

https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies

the only other option is for you to get paid as  is  ..and give them a cash difference after 24 hours on arrival once you see the payment email ...if that fits with you ...although they will have paid a slightly higher commission to Airbnb on the more expensive booking.

Dave110
Level 2
Heywood, United Kingdom

Thanks Mike, thats very helpful. I have meanwhile called Airbnb but awaiting a call back at the moment, as what they were suggesting wasnt working. Thanks again...

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Dave110 ,

As i see they are separate listings, you could change the reservation to the 1 room-listing:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/50/i-m-a-host--how-do-i-make-a-change-to-a-confirmed-reservation

Normally adjusting price will also be done automatically

After that it will be sent to the guest for confirmation

Best regards, Emiel

Dave110
Level 2
Heywood, United Kingdom

Thanks Emiel, just a little worried that when I try to change it, it either sees it as a cancellation (and charges the guest 50% cancellation fee as the stay is in 3 days). I did try to ammend it but also the pricing was wrong for the new booking, so have reached out to Airbnb office, I amwaiting for someone to return my call. Many thanks for your help.