Guest can't book...

Answered!
Shaan24
Level 2
Albuquerque, NM

Guest can't book...

Here what they were told. I even tried sending a special offer and pre-approving... they are over the age of 25...

Your reservation couldn't be made.

We have implemented restrictions that prevent guests from making reservations for entire homes or private rooms when a pattern of factors suggest that the booking may present higher safety risks (such as parties).

While we know this may be an inconvenience you still have options.

These restrictions dont apply to hotels.

1 Best Answer
Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

@Shaan24   Maybe it's because your listing states it sleeps 12 but there are only beds enough for 8?  Airbnb is also busy trying to prevent bookings for party houses or events, particularly around Halloween.  The company is launching an IPO after the US election.

View Best Answer in original post

24 Replies 24
Sharon1014
Level 10

@Shaan24   Maybe it's because your listing states it sleeps 12 but there are only beds enough for 8?  Airbnb is also busy trying to prevent bookings for party houses or events, particularly around Halloween.  The company is launching an IPO after the US election.

Shaan24
Level 2
Albuquerque, NM

Hi Sharon, my guest only has 4 people and they are over 25... it’s not good if they can’t book my place. It worse yet that AirBnB won’t tell us why??? Thanks for your help

Sharon1014
Level 10

@Shaan24  Were your guests trying to book for the Halloween weekend?  If so, then this is what the problem is.....

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Ban-on-one-night-bookings-Halloween/m-p/1356730

If not, then you would have to contact CS.  Might just be a glitch in the system.

Hi @Sharon1014 they were but for 3 nights... there is no reason to deny them booking... I will RT to contact CS... Thanks for your help

Cindy930
Level 1
Liberty, MO

@Shaan24 I'm running into the same problem.  I have a guest trying to book for three nights.  I can understand one night but why are they restricting two or three nights?  I'll probably have the guest reach out to CS directly.  They'll probably have more success than I will.

Hi @Cindy930 , I chatted with Airbnb support last night. First they tried to say it was COVID-19 restriction meant to prohibit large gatherings. I told him they were only four people in my party and they did not intend to have a Halloween party. Then they said it was another restriction meant for people making one night bookings to prohibit large parties at the last minute. I told them my guest was trying to book for three nights. Then they admitted that the restrictions they had in place would even block my guest even though they were only four guests and they were booking for three nights, because it was on Halloween weekend and they are trying to prevent large gatherings for COVID-19. I’m very disappointed as they are unnecessarily prohibiting my guests from booking my property even though my guess does not fall in the criteria of their restriction. I explained that they’re forcing me to look for other ways to book my property and get paid, even though up till now I have booked exclusively with Airbnb. I certainly hope this never happens again.

Sharon1014
Level 10

@Shaan24 @Cindy930   Airbnb's CEO Brian Chesky and the Airbnb board need the IPO cash.  You guys and this latest crackpot over-reach are just collateral damage.  Corporate care factor re hosts unnecessarily lost revenue = zero.  They are more concerned about negative publicity to counter the multiple shootings last Halloween and the potential impact this has for their upcoming IPO than they are concerned about covid.

So sorry this has happened to you.  Very wise to look at other ways to book your property and ensure you get paid for bookings.  You should probably look at this vid as well, just so you know exactly what it is you are up against....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkyqU6YVcEQ&feature=youtu.be

@Super47  @Ute42  @Sarah977 

@Shaan24 @Cindy930 @Sharon1014

In some markets, they're blocking bookings of up to 5 nights, and private room bookings too. 

Penelope

Hey Shaan, how were you able to get a hold of them by any chance i am getting the run around? Nobody has contacted me and the experience team can not help me. This is crazy...

@Shaan24

You'll find your answers here..

"Back To Our Roots".. So Why Is Airbnb Promoting Hotels Over Homesharers?
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/quot-Back-To-Our-Roots-quot-So-Why-Is-Airbnb-Promoting-Hote...

Penelope
Tamara53
Level 4
Oldsmar, FL

I am a Host for six years and the stated Halloween one night prohibited booking is understandable. But like the other Hosts in this forum, I’ve had two sets of guests denied. I contacted support and was given the 3 “scripted” reasons the guest couldn’t book, and none of those reasons were valid. The booking was over two weeks out, only 4 in the group ( I allow 8 guests,)and it was a two-night booking,  not one ( I don’t allow single night bookings). And guests were over 25 and coming with their kids to visit elderly grandparents. The frustration lies in the inability for an Airbnb Support member ( I spoke with 2) to give a real reason for the block or give me a solution to allow the guest to book (ie; try a 3 night booking) and no one in Support has the ability to override the new (ridiculous) technology. The robot, Big Brother that Airbnb has become is shameful. I don’t need Airbnb to do my job. It’s my job to determine if guests are a good fit for my property. Thats the  trust factor issue. Airbnb needs to trust experienced Hosts and stop governing us. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

My understanding @Tamara53  is that in the US Airbnb has put a blanket ban on two night bookings over Halloween weekend.

Do you list on other platforms or directly. - if so, I would suggest that is an option you consider for these guests if you are comfortable with accepting the booking.

Ann27689
Level 2
Llanfechell, United Kingdom

Hi, I have had so many bookings cancelled recently due to the different rules in Wales and England.  All of my English bookings have been cancelled for November but Wales opens up again next week and I am receiving pre-approvals for Welsh guest who are permitted to travel within Wales.  2 night booking 3 guests all allowed by the Government but apparently not Airbnb!!!  Please someone can we override this?  @Super47 @Tamara53 

Hi @Ann27689

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean when you say you're receiving pre-approvals. Do you mean, you're receiving booking requests?

Right at the moment, your calendar is showing as blocked off for next week. Was it you who closed it down? 

Penelope