Guest can't book...

Answered!
Shaan24
Level 2
Albuquerque, NM

Guest can't book...

Here what they were told. I even tried sending a special offer and pre-approving... they are over the age of 25...

Your reservation couldn't be made.

We have implemented restrictions that prevent guests from making reservations for entire homes or private rooms when a pattern of factors suggest that the booking may present higher safety risks (such as parties).

While we know this may be an inconvenience you still have options.

These restrictions dont apply to hotels.

1 Best Answer
Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

@Shaan24   Maybe it's because your listing states it sleeps 12 but there are only beds enough for 8?  Airbnb is also busy trying to prevent bookings for party houses or events, particularly around Halloween.  The company is launching an IPO after the US election.

View Best Answer in original post

24 Replies 24
Ann27689
Level 2
Llanfechell, United Kingdom

Hi @Super47 

many thanks for your reply.  I have one week blocked due to Wales being in Lockdown. Sorry to be clear -yes booking requests that have received the following message 

We have implemented restrictions that prevent guests from making reservations of entire homes when a pattern of factors suggest that the booking may present higher safety risks (such as parties.)

While we know this may be an inconvenience, you still have options. These restrictions don’t reply to hotels or private rooms.

The guest that was trying to book this evening has now given up sadly.

looking at the comments on here I guess we cannot override this booking prevention mechanism.

@Ann27689

Sorry to hear you lost the booking. In future, if you trust the guest and feel comfortable taking the booking, try temporarily changing your settings from Entire Home to Private Room. Failing that, try getting your guests to book for different dates, and you can amend afterwards. It's a bit of faffing around, but very few of us can afford to be losing bookings after the year we've had. Also, if you haven't done so already, look into listing on other sites too, in case this happens again. 

Penelope

Hi @Ann27689 , a pre-approval is something you reply to a booking inquiry with giving them approval for their reservation. Thanks

Arya511
Level 1
Lagos, Nigeria

hi i have been trying to book a appt for 5 days just me and my bf but it isn't letting me, it keeping saying they have implemented restriction. This is so frustrating pls help 

Allan370
Level 1
Ngunnawal, Australia

I’m a 59 year old solo traveller who prefers apartment with a kitchen and today I’m being told I can’t book an apartment because I’m at risk of hosting parties WTF! 

allen370, very simple ,send the host a message.....H

Jade345
Level 1
Garland, TX

They put me on an implemented restriction on me and I have never booked an Airbnb. I don't know what to do?

Hi ive been trying to reserve an airbnb with 8 guests but it keeps on saying im at a risk of having a party. Which we are not. We need a place that can host enough for 8 people because we will be travelling with a larger group. And not many places offer that many guests around the area we are travelling to. How can this restriction be lifted?

Kitty114 the only option here is to either book for six and then ask the host to accomodate eight by accepting and changing from their end, or whichever amount it allows you to book.... H

Olivia685
Level 2
Brussels, Belgium

Hello ! I have the same issue !! How did you solve it ?