Guest cancelled reservation

Sherry326
Level 2
New Minas, Canada

Guest cancelled reservation

I have just had my first experience of a guest cancelling a reservation (3 days before scheduled check in). My cancellation settings were set so that the guest was only getting a minimal refund however I clicked the button to "give full refund".  The guest did NOT get a full refund. According to the information visible in my host AIRBNB account, the guest was getting a refund of $140ish however he told me that his information indicated that he was receiving less than a $100 refund. Does anyone have any insight into this sort of thing?

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sherry326  What the guest doesn't understand is that while you have agreed to refund him in full, Airbnb isn't refunding the service fees they charged. I assume that is the discrepancy, and the guest should be able to see what he was charged for service fees on his booking confirmation. Just let him know that hosts have nothing to do with the service fee charged, or its refund. The guest should read the cancellation policy throughly when he books, and he'd know all this.