Guest cancels but Air refunds them anyway

Elle5
Level 2
West Chester, PA

Guest cancels but Air refunds them anyway

Hello,

Last night the guest cancelled after arrival to my place. Even though he cancelled, an Air B and B call center operator listed it as me cancelling. She refused to connect me to a supervisor in the United States. I did find the US number and the person there claimed that the listing was cancelled by me and then gave a whole different excuse why the guest left. The guest made a false claim about my listing ( I have documentation) and now I am out all the money from the reservation.

Has anyone had success with getting money back once Air already refunded guest?  Is there a corporate contact or something that will insure a payment?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Elle5 what exactly happened? Did the guest arrive and then canceled? Did they send a request to cancel which you accepted? If so, that means that you indeed canceled their reservation.

They arrived and then decided to leave. They did not read my listing fully where I stated that there is no elevator and that it is a 3rd floor flat. This is the actual reason they wanted to cancel. Instead they said that there was a "burning" odor, which was not true.  Both myself and my neighbor verified this. They talked to the call center agent and then I also talked to the center.  The call agent tried to force me to cancel and refund but I refused.  The agent cancelled anyway and marked it that I cancelled. There was no request sent to me and I also said on the phone and in messages to the agents that I was not cancelling.

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Elle5  what exactly happened? A little more info is needed.  😉