Guest changing sheets daily

Az1
Level 2
Marietta, GA

Guest changing sheets daily

How do you all handle guests that demand use of items that drive costs up substantially?  We leave the items out for guests to grab (particularly those that have longer stays) in an effort to make their stay more comfortable. Sometimes, they need an additional blanket to sleep more comfortably or they need new sheets after 4 days or so; or even if they have an accident and require new sheets.  We expect these costs.  We have a third party service that handles our laundry.  We have a recurring guest that changes the linen and blankets daily.  This practice - particularly the blankets - drives up our laundry bill substantially and far exceeds our cleaning fee. We have talked to the guest and explained that the sheets are changed in between guests.  I don't want to hide the linen, in the event that the other guests may need to get to them; but I can't think of anything short of not accepting reservations from the guest in the future.  Any thoughts?

4 Replies 4

You are not a hotel, and so you do not need to provide new sheets every day. Were it me, I would tell them I only have so many sets and we only provide new ones for every 7-days or whatever your limit is. I would also review them giving them 3 stars on house rules and/or communication (because they didn't read the rules or manual) so they could not rebook with us again.

Allison116
Level 10
Walnut Creek, CA

Changing sheets daily with no good reason (i.e. some unexpected accident) is not ok.  I doubt if they change their sheets daily at home.  I leave a change of sheets in the room for guests, but rarely do they use them.  Seems like this guest is better suited to stay in a hotel that does laundry daily.  Sounds like you have hosted them previously. If you want to continue hosting them in the future and they are otherwise good guests I would let them know that they are limited to 2 sets of sheets per week (the clean set on their bed when they check in plus one other set if they want to change their own sheets) and that additional sets are $10 each. Myself, I would probably just block them from future stays because someone that is that high maintenance in one area is usually high maintenance in others.    

@Az1

For long-term guests, I state that I will change sheets every 2~3 weeks as needed or upon request. I've asked around and most people I know seem to change their sheets between every 2 weeks or 1 month, depending on weather, personal hygiene and difference in BO. Personally, I change my sheets about every 2 weeks. I would be willing to provide weekly changes IF the guest absolutely wants weekly changes but I haven't had any takers yet 🙂 Everyone has seemed fine with sheets changed every 2 weeks or so. For blankets, I use blanket covers and wash the blanket between guests only.