Guest checks in tomorrow, still no names or arrival time provided

Louise810
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Guest checks in tomorrow, still no names or arrival time provided

Hi all,

I’m hosting only my second ever booking tomorrow; the guest made the booking 4 days ago, for 4 adults and 3 kids. Having read threads on here I’ve been asking her to provide full names and ages of each guest, but she hasn’t done so yet. I reminded her yesterday and this morning, and also asked for an idea of her check in time, so my co-host can meet her with keys. With only 24 hrs until check in, what would you suggest I should do? I didn’t use instant book, and there were emails between us to find out more about her group before authorising the booking. However she was new to AirBNB in July with no previous reviews, so starting to feel nervous/frustrated by lack of communication, but also don’t want to seem too pushy either... help! 

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As part of my IB process, I only accept guests who provide their check in time on bookings.

Not all guests set their profiles have so they receive messages from the Airbnb platform. In your situation I would text or give your guest a call to ask them about their check in time. @Louise810 

Why don't you get a lock box, so guests can do self check in.

Good luck.

Louise810
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi Helen,

Thanks for that. I guess as it is our family home, I wanted to check that the people named on the booking are the people who turn up at check in, for reassurance really. But she hasn’t provided me with names either yet! I think I would like to call her - will AirBNB share her number with me? 

@Louise810  If you look under the reservation details there should be a phone number attached to it.  if there is no phone number I would contact airbnb directly.

@Louise810  the guest phone number will be attached to the booking information.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Louise810  I would send another message both on platform and a text if you have it saying basically that in order for the guest to access the property you need the check-in time since someone will need to meet them to deliver keys.  

I've found when it is put to guests as in their own interest to respond, they almost always do.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Louise810  Non communication is frustrating, but often there is a reasonable explanation for it.

I also require info on all guests on the reservation, and had a hard time getting it until I added the requirement to my house rules. Guests can add the info to their booking request message, and you can require it before a booking will be accepted. If guests send a booking request without this info, it's a signal to me that they haven't read my house rules. 

In the booking acceptance message,  I recommend the app to guests, for ease of communication etc. I also include details on the check in process. You can advise your guests that a firm check in window is required, for them to be able to access the house.

For now, definitely call or text the guest.