Guest confirmed 6 but had WEDDING RECEPTION

Answered!
Shirl4
Level 2
Provo, UT

Guest confirmed 6 but had WEDDING RECEPTION

Yes! Jason E. confirmed his reservation for 5-6 guests the day before arrival. Yet, he had actually planned to hold his wedding reception at our place. The second night of his reservation, several neighbors called us concerned about the number of cars, balloons & noise. (Reports from several neighbors confirmed 19 cars @ one time. How embarrassing!) When I promptly contacted Jason he stated that he, “forgot to mention that they were having a small reception.” “I thought your ad said you could have events.” “I didn’t know I was supposed to tell you.” (Taking good advice from some of you awesome hosts, I have very specific House Rules & overage fees are clearly advertised.) , He or his guests absconded with around $250 in large quantities of pantry items., towels & home decor. Upon being caught in a series of lies, receiving my additional fees request, (Neighbors estimated 50-75 guests. I charge $10 per person over 10 guests but graciously  requested only $280 for both overage fees and extra garbage removal.) and reading my review he responded by calling me, “mean & vindictive” & stated that he, “didn’t even leave” me “a bad review.” He added a few small, inconsequential complaints. Of course, he refused  to pay fees. Airbnb refunded me $44 for the missing items. And, what about the overage fees & extra garbage removal fees? They said, “someone from the other department should be contacting you soon.” 

My Airbnb mentors, what are your thoughts?

1 Best Answer

GOOD NEWS, my friends! Airbnb followed through with their promise to hosts!

It took many calls & emails but I finally was connected w an English speaking C Support Rep-He was patient w my frustration, followed through w his promises & swiftly processed my request for additional fees. Documentation is the key!!!!! 

Best to all!

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Shirl4

My thoughts are: nobody from the other department (which other department ?) will contact you soon

They will probably close the case. Your listing does not charge a fee for additional guests (max. number of guests: 10).

Also does it not mention the fee for extra guests, only text says there is one.

50 to 75 people is offcourse excessive. House rules are totally ignored.

But do you have any proof (pictures)  of the event ever happended ?

My guess is Airbnb will at best pay the maximum from the security deposit.

But i fear they will close the case.

best regards,

Emiel

Thank you Emiel for your message. My listing should state and the Airbnb support center does see my overage fees on my listing. I will need to follow up with that thanks for letting me know about it. So far, they have reimbursed me $44 for the stolen personal property items of the $75 I  requested   I also received another message from the cleaning charges department. The service representative appears Russian. Her English writing skills aren’t great. And has responded to my emails with completely vague messages that make no sense. I’m fairly determined to pursue this and see where it goes. There does not seem to be  any department that deals with recovering the overage fees. Thanks again for your message! 

Shirl4
Level 2
Provo, UT

Just a follow-up to your message. I did check online and saw that my listing has been changed. They have deleted my overage fees!!! This is the second time I have caught Airbnb in changing my listing descriptions without my consent to benefit their  Financial interests. This is crazy!

GOOD NEWS, my friends! Airbnb followed through with their promise to hosts!

It took many calls & emails but I finally was connected w an English speaking C Support Rep-He was patient w my frustration, followed through w his promises & swiftly processed my request for additional fees. Documentation is the key!!!!! 

Best to all!