Guest couldn't find my 2nd bedroom...4 star review

Susie0
Level 10
Oakland, CA

Guest couldn't find my 2nd bedroom...4 star review

My guest was great, until she wasn't.

After leaving, during a stay where she didn't ask me one question, Iearned

1) she never found the 2nd bedroom - and accused me of misrepresentation that there wasn't a 2nd bedroom. Tell that to my 10 years of guests!

2) it was dusty - I'm on site, and she didn't ask me to dust.

3) the stairway was steep - She could have used an alternative stairway.

Airbnb support cheerfully reported that guest ratings cannot be altered.

It's going to be embarassing to have to request a verbal or written acknowledgement from guests that they'll tell me any questions or issues. (I ask them to tell me in several places...now I'm going to have them "agree" to tell me.)

Do you let your host know about problems when you're a guest?

I'm totally befuddled.

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Susie0 

The guest cannot find a bedroom ? How is that possible ?

Your review for the guest:

Perfect guests!

Your comment on the guest's review:

Thank you for your thoughtful review, Kathy. The stairs are indeed steep!

You were great guests, and I would be happy to host you again. 🙂

Seems to me you are OK !

nola nights?

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Susie0   Your guest, like one of mine that just checked out, must be part of a new breed of Airbnb guests who seem to be on fault-finding missions.  I don't like them and I don't like 4 stars when they are too stupid to do something like find a bedroom.

Sue174
Level 4
Ottawa, Canada

@Susie0, these are the most frustrating reviews to deal with: Guests who deduct a star when all they had to do was ASK about something. I had a guest deduct a star because our listing said we provided pool towels and she said we didn't. She didn't open our second linen cupboard in the hall obviously!

I have three comments: Always address the issue cheerfully in your answer to the review (as you did with the steepness of the stairs--well done). Second, I don't think I would contact a host and ask them to come and dust if I found some of the space dusty. That time has passed and should have been done before arrival so I would take a star off just in the cleanliness section. Finally, I would not start asking guests to "acknowledge" that they need to tell me about issues. As hosts we can only ask (and ask again, and then again), and then know some people just WON'T and then they'll deduct a star.