Guest doesnt cancel reservation, doesnt check in, require money back after the end of reservation

Answered!
Jakub-A-Markéta0
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Guest doesnt cancel reservation, doesnt check in, require money back after the end of reservation

Our guest had reservation on New Years Evet time and didnt communicate with us at all. We have contacted him several times by Airbnb, lately according to the advise of Airbnb by telephone with no response at all also. My wife was waiting them on the day of arrival a whole day and night. After several days from the end of accommodation he has contacted us with requirement for refund on the basis of medical document so his wife couldnt not travel. According to the document he did know at least five days before arrival that they would not come. It takes a few seconds to write "Im not comming" and cancel the reservation. 

https://www.airbnb.cz/help/article/1320/what-if-i-need-to-cancel-because-of-an-emergency-or-unavoida...

I dont see the the conditions in En but in Czech. In conditions is clearly specified that guest/host have to inform other party if they know they would not come they should inform as soon as possible. On the same time if you want refund money is only possible after cancellation of reservation. He didnt inform us, he didnt cancel the reservation and finally the resolution of Airbnb was that we should pay the guets fully.

The last month I have contacted several people of Airbnb and all refer to the conditons but I cant see that the guest doesnt have to inform host about cancellation.  On the same time conditions are clear that guest doesnt have to cancel reservation.

If somebody can explain me the Airbnb role? What I have discuss with officer for Airbnb at Municipal Hall in Prague, CZ, Airbnb is just middle man between Host and Guest. In this case Host and Guest would be two agreement parties . According to EU laws only one of this party can cancel the agreement between them, not Airbnb. 

Jakub

1 Best Answer
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

From the EU law's point of view, the role of Airbnb is not clearly stated, of hosts - as well, not to mention the way cancellations and refunds are handled, and Airbnb has been treading here on murky grounds. It's a question of time. Either more governments will pass laws banning Airbnb, or the latter will succumb.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

From the EU law's point of view, the role of Airbnb is not clearly stated, of hosts - as well, not to mention the way cancellations and refunds are handled, and Airbnb has been treading here on murky grounds. It's a question of time. Either more governments will pass laws banning Airbnb, or the latter will succumb.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Jakub-A-Markéta0
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Thanks we have just solved with Airbnb team. I was wonder after two years of Airbnb that something is wrong. Like in marriage sometimes down. Looking forward to 2018 at Airbnb.