Guest emails that they are cancelling, but they do not cancel through Airbnb

Guest emails that they are cancelling, but they do not cancel through Airbnb

A guest for a upcoming stay emails to tell me she is cancelling.She still has not cancelled through Airbnb, and the nights are still blocked. I have tried to email her and ask her to communicate this with Airbnb, to no avail. Is there anything else I can do to clear the calendar?

5 Replies 5
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Retha1,

There's nothing you can do yourself to clear the calendar.

Since the guest has not responded you could contact Airbnb support to ask them to contact the guest.

Make sure to emphasise that you're still willing to host the guest for those dates, that it's she who has emailed saying that she wishes to cancel.

If you receive a notification or email saying that the guest wishes to cancel decline it. If you accept or ignore it you'll be penalised as you'll be deemed to have made the cancellation.

Steve.

Thank you Steve for the good advice!

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Retha1  As @Steve143 says you can call AirBnB and decline any message related to cancellation. If she fails to cancel she's paying for the trip and I would not refund in this case as you have asked her to formally cancel and she ignored your requests.  

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You could contact Air BNB with the message of cancellation intent and request that Air BNB cancel on the guest behalf.  Here is a guide for contacting Air BNB.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi@Retha

phone air bnb asap and explain your situation.

Also do NOT communicate outwith the air bnb portal

The air bnb portal serves as your guarantee, that all the conversation details ,via email are kept for air bnb operatives to read, should a problem occur either before a guest arrives, during a guest stay or after a guest stay.