Guest experience - where are your struggles?

Guest experience - where are your struggles?

I have been really focusing on the guest experience aspect of my rental units lately. Reading, responding, and documenting positive and negative requests for improve ent suggestions, re-developing my processes and procedures to make them more guest-friendly, and updating my saved messages, auto messages, and listing verbiage to be more concise and detailed. I am seeing some really good progress!

I was wondering what aspect of guest experience everyone else struggles with and things they are doing to help. 

1 Reply 1
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Frontdesk8 

Your Airbnb business is vastly different from mine, as you have 28 listings and I only list three private rooms in my own home, so my experience might not be that relevant to you.

However, what I have learnt is that having clear descriptions and communication with guests is really important in terms of setting expectations and avoiding misunderstandings. While we all want to market the positive aspects of our listings, for me it is crucial to note the areas that guests have problems with/rate down and, where those are things that can't be changed/you are not willing to change, it's vital that the guest knows about these before they book and are reminded of the most important ones just in case they didn't read the listing properly.

So, for me, this could mean mentioning that the room faces a busy road and is not suitable for light sleepers, or that it is at the top of the house so there are a lot of stairs, or that I have three cats!

Although this doesn't avoid all issues, as you still occasionally get a guest who complains about something they were perfectly aware of before booking, it certainly seems to help reduce them.