Guest extending stay

Maria545
Level 1
Toledo, OH

Guest extending stay

I have wonderful guests currently staying in my home who want to extend their reservation 3-4 more days due to unexpected circumstances.  I replied to a text, 2 days ago allowing them to extend their stay and indicated that I expected them to extend their stay on AirBnB.  There initial reservation expires this Friday and as yet they have not extended their reservation on AirBnB.  If they don't extend their stay on AirBnB what recourse do have?  

7 Replies 7
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

You can go in and change the reservation yourself.  Airbnb will then send them a message to confirm your change of the reservation.  Then all they have to do is hit accept and their account will be debited for the additional days.

I agree with @Cynthia-and-Chris1. I've done this several times with guests I liked. Never had a problem. Makes it easy for the guests.

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Maria545 As others have said, it's really up to you to modify their booking, after which they can "accept" the change. The reason that it's more on you than them is multi-fold: If they cancel the original booking and then rebook for longer, they'll pay the original AirBnB guest service fee and then the new fee (partially duplicating the old fee). Also, if they don't cancel but simply add the add'l days as a second booking, they'll get charged twice for your cleaning fee (if any). And so on.

It's quite easy for you to modify their booking. Once you do that, they are left with the option to Accept/Decline the new offer.

Thanks so much for your input.  I extended their reseravation this morning.  

Gary-And-Sue0
Level 1
Hillarys, Australia

Hi Maria, we are having the same problem way down here in sunny western Australia, I noticed that you found a way of extending the stay but I haven't been able to find the right button to push, could you help with a bit more step by step info.

Thanks Regards gary & Sue, C Air Villa Mandurah

hmm, new to air B&B, not new to B&B.  I tried to extend a guest stay, and could not get an "accept".  She could not book the room for a second night stay.  Was it too late at night?  I just ended up charging her the extra night thru our credit card machine locally.  I try to make things as easy as possible for the guests.  Do I need to send Air a second night fee? 

Sue325
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi.

I must be really stupid I'm new to this and didn't know what to do. My guests wanted to extend their stay but neither of us did it through airbnb as originally, they didn't know how long they were staying. I agreed to let them pay cash and they paid some of it but then they just left without paying the balance of £105 and ruining some of my nearly new linen. I will never make that mistake again no matter how nicely they ask not to book through airbnb.

Hope you get it sorted.

Regards, Sue