Guest from HELL

Guest from HELL

recently a guest who broke six of the rules of my home number one washing machine and dryer were not part of the amenities which   Clearly states on Airbnb my dirty laundry my undergarments so forth we’re in the machine this gentleman took my dirty clothes out of the machine to wash his own clothes and when I talk to him about it he said everybody lets him wash with a creepy smile and laugh  ladies do you know how creepy that is to have a strange man take your undergarments out of the machine for you and they were dirty number two I have a home security system that I repeatedly asked this gentleman to set the system in the evening when he comes in refuses to do it he  set  the alarm system off  as the monitoring company is then calling me at work I text him two times with no answer resulting in me having to leave work to come home to see what was going on to wake up in the morning with my door  not locked and my system not set repeatedly talk to him show him how to use the system with no results number three the gentleman‘s  Going through my refrigerator and my deep freezer eating my food he’s cooking my food and eating my food we had a conversation about that. This is a gentleman said that he did he felt unwelcome here for from day one but yet Try to rebook for another 7days for another nine days day this Man has slam doors in my face Constantly video recording me has told me that he is not leaving my home he refuses to leave my home call Airbnb at least 8 to 12 times with no results whatsoever at one point one of the people told me that I should pack up my stuff and I should leave my home and let him stay. When I questioned her as to him causing damage he does any damage to my home she had no answer for me as this was a  probably  to cover Airbnb‘s ass only I’m not leaving my home for a guest Airbnb’s supervisory personnel obviously do not exist as I question to talk to a supervisor at least 10 times could never get one on the phone never received a call back  did receive a text though resulting in me calling 911 to get this gentleman out of my home as his visit was up at 12 o’clock noon it is now 10 PM same day  and he’s refusing to leave telling me that he doesn’t have to leave my home every time you call Airbnb Never getting the same person twice always having to talk to someone different and constantly repeating my story every  person that you talk to says they can’t handle it they’re going to escalate my situation was probably escalated eight times with no reason I am very disappointed in Airbnb as we are supposed to be a partnership Working together  as a team whatsoever other than to tell me to leave my home there were several of the rules that this gentleman broke not locking my doors one of the worst experiences I have ever had with Airbnb as a result I have gone from a super host to a 4.2 as this gentleman said that my house was filthy that I was mentally disturbed and he actually wrote these things in his review this gentleman videotaped me in my home several times and Airbnb did nothing to help me other than to tell me we’re going to escalate escalate escalate which is BS BS . There is much more to the story of how this guest acted in my home but the bottom Is Airbnb totally totally let me down as I then called 911 to have him removed so disappointed in Airbnb .This gentleman should never be allowed to book with Airbnb or anyone else PS he also says in his review that he video recorded me Airbnb allow I suggest everyone watch your back

2 Replies 2
Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

@Nidia33   Frankly speaking, your text is very emotionally written, so a lot is not clear.
So far I have only one question why your dirty things were in the washing machine. I am sorry if I misunderstood your text.
The use of your products is certainly unacceptable, as is the fact that the guest refuses to leave the apartment. Unfortunately, it is already the competence of the police, it is useless to contact Airbnb in this situation.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Nidia33  Sorry, your post is unreadable the way you've written it. But it is obvious you've had a nightmare guest. So sorry.

Going forward, perhaps have a look at how you vet guests before you let them in your house. Don't rely on Airbnb to do it for you. YOU and only you are responsible for your space. Ask lots of questions. And have a plan in place for how you will quickly get a problem guest out of your house should things turn bad, despite your best efforts. Use your house rules to your advantage. 

Best of luck.