Guest has not paid for an additional service

Answered!
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

Guest has not paid for an additional service

I have a guest who is due to arrive in a month.  The reservation was made several months ago.  The guest is bringing 2 pets, and per verbiage on the AirBnB website and in all of my communication with the guest, there is a $75.00 Pet Fee that needs to be paid prior to arrival.  I have submitted a request for the Pet Fee via the AirBnB platform under the Send or Request money link, but the guest has not responded.  

How do I send a reminder to the guest?  I can message the guest, but that does not resend the "bill".  Do I contact AirBnB?  Will be guest be able to check in without having paid this fee?  I am not able to take cash at the door.

1 Best Answer
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lorna170,

Whenever I have to send reminders to guests to provide more information or payment, I state it in a manner that they realize their inaction will impact their stay.  I usually say something like,

"Hello XX,

We are really looking forward to your stay at our cabin next month.  Since you plan to bring your two pets with you, this is a reminder to pay for the $75 pet fee.  If you have difficulty finding the payment request message, you can find it by going to www.airbnb.com/resolutions.  Your prompt attention to this matter will help to avoid any delays with sending you the door code for your check-in.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions."

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lorna170 

You can start with a message reminding the guest about the Pet Fee and wait for response.

The "bill" is already sent.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lorna170,

Whenever I have to send reminders to guests to provide more information or payment, I state it in a manner that they realize their inaction will impact their stay.  I usually say something like,

"Hello XX,

We are really looking forward to your stay at our cabin next month.  Since you plan to bring your two pets with you, this is a reminder to pay for the $75 pet fee.  If you have difficulty finding the payment request message, you can find it by going to www.airbnb.com/resolutions.  Your prompt attention to this matter will help to avoid any delays with sending you the door code for your check-in.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions."

@Debra300 

Excellent wording. I might have written:

• no pay – no stay

You know how the Germans are.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Ute42,

I think I'd roll over laughing if I were a guest, and received such a message.  I would probably pay it sooner, because it would be so funny to me.  😂

@Lorna170, I recommend that you try my reminder message first, and if you don't get a response within 2 days, then hit them Ute's message.