Guest hasn't turned up for three days?

Kwame2
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Guest hasn't turned up for three days?

Hi guys. 

Im a new Host on airbnb and its working very well so far.

I however recently, have a guest whos booked for about 16 days and has not arrived yet.

She was meant to have arrived three days ago sunday 08/01 but contacted me and told me she was having probems with her flight from Turkey. I was communicating with both her and her son but they have both now gone completely silent since yesterday. Any advise on what to do? further the guest has not cancelled her reservation. Do i still get paid for the whole trip. Is she allowed to just cancel? And considering she booked almost a month ago, if she cancels say tomorrow ,do i lose out after having my room booked and me not being able to get other guests for over two weeks? I would really appreciate any advice on this issue.

Kind Regards 

Kay

4 Replies 4
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Kwame2 Unless the guest has contacted AirBnB and somehow delayed their payment, you should have been notified that you'd been paid by roughly noon of the day after the guest's scheduled arrival.

As far as the details about payment if the guest cancels, the simplest way to get that info is to click on your own cancellation policy in your listing.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would also contact Airbnb through your booking confirmation and let them know your guest has failed to arrive and just notified you they will be delayed but now don't respond.

If she is coming with her son from Turkey and he is an adult - this might be the cause of the problems and there is a block on visa's for men in many cases.

Hi Kwame,

Turkey & Greece (I'm contacting you from our Greek Island, Syros) have been in the grip of near Arctic weather conditions with some temperatures reaching -30c for about 4days now. The Greek News has reported that some airports in Turkey have shut down & had to cancel loads of flights. This could mean that there's a backlog of aircraft waiting for conditions to improve before they're allowed to take-off.

Hope this helps in some way as I can imagine how worrying it is for you.

Thanks so much for all your advice.. i have now been able to sort it out.. Kwame