Guest ignores rules

Brad-And-Eileen0
Level 1
Mt Vernon, WA

Guest ignores rules

I’m having an issue with Airbnb. I had a guest instant book my studio for herself, husband and toddler. We clearly state in the rules that we can’t have children. It is not child proofed at all. We explained to her and she cancelled. But Airbnb indicates we cancelled her and have blocked the dates on my calendar. This penalizes me by not allowing me to get another guest when SHE violated the rule against children staying. Come on, Airbnb. Please help. 

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Brad-And-Eileen0 I don't believe Airbnb recognise that under 2's are a problem and do not stop guests booking them in whether we like it or not. Not sure where the liability lies when there is a problem.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Brad-And-Eileen0 The guest is asked at booking to read and agree to your house rules, wherein it clearly states not suitable for infants/children. So it was either a case of them not reading, or ignoring your rules. Pretty clear cut, so they must have contacted Airbnb and gotten an inept rep, which is not at all unusual these days. The rep wrongly made it a host cancel. You need to fight this. There is no way this should have been a host cancel with penalties.

@Brad-And-Eileen0 

Seems like the CS person who handled the cancellation handled it like as if you (host) agreed to a request like this, when in reality, the guest is at fault for not reading your listing description properly. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/BEWARE-of-quot-Guest-requests-that-you-cancel-quot/m-p/4...

It will probably require a lot of patience and persistence, but you should absolutely contact CS and get them to drop the penalties and unblock the dates. Good luck~

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

you have "no suitable for children and infants" in your house rules. So, your guests couldn't instant book if they correctly filled "2 adults and 1 infant" during the booking process. Obviously they forgot on the infant. As others said - you should contact ABB to open your dates and lift the penalty.

Mel31
Level 2
Pescadero, CA

Why wont they let me respond?

Mel31
Level 2
Pescadero, CA

OK, I'm asking for help:

>guest book for 8 people and plans to bring 16, claiming the extra 8 are for the day and and leaving after dinner and cocktails.  Note that we are in the country and at least 1 hour away from civilization.  Also, this is supposed to be a corporate retreat (ie business stay).

> host believes a party is planned and the extra people will stay over.

What do I do.

What if I ask for extra money and they don't pay- what happens then?