Guest is also a host

Answered!
Merlyn5
Level 4
Montesano, WA

Guest is also a host

Hello fellow hosts,

I am a fairly new host, (6 mo). I've had 17 stays and 3 more are scheduled.

Three of my guests have had a verification tag stating, 'Also a host'. 

Does anyone know if there is a way that we as hosts can view their listing after they have booked?

I'm not aware of any way of searching for a listing by the hosts name.  I've tried looking in their home city but it is monontonus looking at every listing to see the name of the host.  I've checked on both the phone app and on my computer. This inquiry is mainly just out of curiosity.

They chose my house, I'd like to see what kind accomodations they are offering their own guests.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Merlyn

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Merlyn5  When you look at the guest's profile, if they are actually also a host, their listing will show on their profile page, along with the reviews they've received both as guests and as hosts. If there's no listing there, they are either lying, their listing in under someone else's account (like maybe their co-host's), or they list on some other platforms only. I recently had my first "host/guest", although she didn't seem to feel the need to claim to also be a host- I had no idea she was. But when I went to check her reviews before accepting her Booking Request, I saw she had a listing herself.

And you can see a guest's profile and reviews before  they book, unless it's just an Instant Book. I don't use IB and I read all guest's profiles and reviews before accepting their booking.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Merlyn5  If a guest is also a host, by checking the guest’s profile, you should be able to see the listing and reviews left from other guests.

But I believe that there is a glitch in Airbnb system. Some guests are not hosts but labeled as hosts. I have seen a couple of cases like that. In their profiles, I did not see the listings. When I asked them, they told me that they were never hosts before.

Thank you for this information. That may be what is going on because I have been able to see one guest's listing but not another.  I also asked my upcoming guest/host to please verify her husband as a second guest and gave her instructions on how to do this but all she did was add his name and did not add his ID. Thank you again, I will ask her.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Merlyn5  When you look at the guest's profile, if they are actually also a host, their listing will show on their profile page, along with the reviews they've received both as guests and as hosts. If there's no listing there, they are either lying, their listing in under someone else's account (like maybe their co-host's), or they list on some other platforms only. I recently had my first "host/guest", although she didn't seem to feel the need to claim to also be a host- I had no idea she was. But when I went to check her reviews before accepting her Booking Request, I saw she had a listing herself.

And you can see a guest's profile and reviews before  they book, unless it's just an Instant Book. I don't use IB and I read all guest's profiles and reviews before accepting their booking.

Merlyn5
Level 4
Montesano, WA

Thank you Sarah - I do use instant book and that is how she booked her reservation. This is good information! I didn't think of the other name or platform possibilities. Her only review was under a group name, (as she was a second guest on someone elses booking).