Guest is leaving early/Not cancelling

Rose306
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Guest is leaving early/Not cancelling

Hi, my guest who booked a shared apartment for a week (12-19 of Sept) decided to leave tonight (15) saying it’s because her sister needs more amenities as she hasn’t been feeling good. They came in last night at 2:00am obviously intoxicated and proceeded to sleep on my only bathroom in the apartments floor. I had to leave my home to pee elsewhere during the night. Today, while they were gone(with their permission) I entered their private room to get a few of my things and tidy the room. The room was a disaster and my expensive allergen sheets are completely ruined. These sheets cost more than their remaining nights are paying, but since they aren’t canceling but are leaving do I still have grounds to make a claim or report thing on Airbnb for the price of new sheets?

4 Replies 4
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Sure, give it a try. Also, please leave this guest an honest review for the sake of other hosts.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Guests sleeping on the bathroom floor? That's a new one, for sure. Too bad they didn't sleep there every night, they wouldn't have ruined your sheets.

Jennifer940
Level 2
Royal Oak, MI

Yes, you can file a claim. 

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi @Rose306

why complain?

you should be jumping for absolute joy at having got rid of 2 rogue guests.......my advice is try and get the remainder of the cancellation fee.

Unfortunately they’ve made itvquite clear they are leaving because of what they ridiculously perceive to be sub standard accommodation for their very entitled needs.

Get on the phone asap to air bnb and have photographic evidence if the state of your place once these 2 horrors left your flat.

Also I’m finding that accommodating guests with allergens etc also lets the entitled guest in on the action too.......”I’m special, I have ore ise personal needs etc”.

I had enough of this entitled breed of guest this season and I clearly state that anyone with nut allergy, food intolerances, allergies etc are regretfully not going to be welcomed into my family home.

Yes indeedy it’s NOT a hotel nor a hospital setting.