Guest leaves a mess behind and the house smelling of smoke - Smoking penalty

Asiya--0
Level 2
Hamilton, Canada

Guest leaves a mess behind and the house smelling of smoke - Smoking penalty

The house was a mess and dirty with excretion/vomit outside the toilet bowl. The furniture was moved. The house reeked of smoke, most likely mariuana (I have strict rules regarding smoking) Is there a smoking penalty? Also, there were more than 10 guests (extra charges over 10) as per a neighbor though I don't have proof. Also they had used personal utensils and house ware labelled 'not for guests'
What should I do?

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

In order to make a claim for reimbursement you must have proof of damages and proof of cost to remediate the damages.  Be sure to follow the claim procedure described in the Help Center.  Rule breaking carries no monetary fine.  However, your review should reflect your experience with a thumbs down review.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Asiya--0 As @Linda108 said there is nothing you can do about the smoking. You can try to charge for the extra guests, but without proof you'll never get paid. Just make sure to review the guest. A thumbs down and 1* across the board and they are not going to get booked again with a review that says: The guests name brought extra guests they did not pay for, left a mess for me to clean and smoked in my non-smoking home. I would not recommend these guests to future hosts. 

Christopher941
Level 1
Lee's Summit, MO

how to charge a guest for cleaning