Guest leaves bad rating

Guest leaves bad rating

I am new to this but am so disheartened by the way guests rate. 

I was rated down in accuracy because my photos were taken in summer and now that it is autumn the trees dont have leaves!

I was rated down in cleanliness because of a cobweb on the deck. Last guest rated me down for soap residue in the shower and some dust in an unused drawer.

I feel like i cant win. They are staying in my home for $60 per night and getting 2 bedrooms, a lounge, and a deck with city views. I thought guests would be so grateful.

How do you cope? 

2 Replies 2
Sharion0
Level 9
Santa Rosa, CA

@Kerri17, I read the review and it wasn't too bad, and the rest of your reviews are great! Your place looks fabulous and you are giving a really good deal! Try not to take it so personally:). Maybe if you get another review that isn't perfect, just respond with the facts ( lightly) and let it go at that. If we respond with hurt feelings and a bit defensive potential clients might think twice about booking. If possible in your description you might play up the benefits of the property and the area. take heart, at the end of the day...it's not a big deal until we make it one:)

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Kerri17 it become easier with a time 🙂  

For example they will come in spotless house, the whole group will walk arround in shoes for 5 days, keep windows open in city center and then leave a review that it was a dust in a living room.

Or you will get a guest who complains bc your mattrass is to soft and another guest will complain that it is to hard , some will complain that they heard traffic in the morning and the others will say the street is quiet 😄 

After some time you just realize that you cant satisfy everyone and you don't think about it any more 🙂