Guest leaving a one star rating without leaving any review

Jon3655
Level 2
Lumut, Malaysia

Guest leaving a one star rating without leaving any review

Dear hosts,

There was one guest that booked, after leaving she just left me with a one star rating, on the review she didn't leave anything except for a "." (full-stop)

Is there any solution I can do for this encounter? It seems to be a foul play because I have been a superhost and this is the first time I have encountered this issue.

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jon3655 There is nothing you can do about this review. I am interested why you did not review this person. You have reviewed all your other guests so I can only assume something went wrong with this guest?

Thanks for the reply.

I only review guests that have kept the place very clean, or is exceptionally friendly.

I don't review every guests that have booked with me because I have over 10 listings. 

Well if something has gone wrong, it should be stated in her review. But it was just a full stop. That's the question

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jon3655 So you don't review bad guests. Sorry but if all hosts took this approach then the protection that the review system gives to hosts is totally lost. It takes less than a minute to leave an honest review so having 10 listings is a poor excuse.

Anyway I assume something went wrong with this guest and so perhaps the review score was deserved. 

Thanks for the reply again,

I see you have many assumptions. Maybe you are an expert in this field but I have a team that is managing more than 10 units, only a few listed here on Airbnb.

Of course I review guest that is destructive. With all due respect, let us hope you do not meet a guest of which I did.

I see you have 3 listings only, I assume you have two people in your team. That is really easy for you to review every each of your departed guests.

Come back again when you are managing 60 units in different platforms. Think again. 

Good luck

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jon3655 So even with a team helping you you can only review the good/friendly guests. 

Is that how it works for you?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jon3655 No - we review every guest good or bad, friendly or unfriendly. There is no point in the system unless hosts review everyone.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jon3655 

Have you tried contacting Airbnb CS to ask for the review and ratings to be removed? I am not saying you will have any luck, because it is difficult to get them to remove a review, but I would refer them to their own review policy:

"3. Reviews should be relevant

Keep your reviews relevant to Airbnb and your stay or experience, since guests are reading your reviews to learn about the Host and their listing. Reviews that are off-topic can be distracting and don’t help other guests make informed booking decisions. For this reason, reviews should focus on your interactions with other community members and your time during the stay or experience."

A full-stop is clearly irrelevant. I would be like a dog with a bone with this one and insist that it be removed as it clearly breaches the review policy and is not relevant nor helpful to potential guests.