Guest legal document

Guest legal document

A guest is required to sign a legal covid document prior to arrival. How do i get it to them to sign and how do they get it back to me?

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Michael-and-Amy0  What sort of COVID legal document are you referring to?

I don't see anything in your listing info which mentions this requirement

You can't demand things from guests which aren't stated in your listing.

I'm not demanding anything. I have just learned the county I am in asks us to ask guests to sign a form that they have not been exposed nor near anyone with covid prior to arrival.  I'm not trying to demand anything - trying to just do things the right way.

@Michael-and-Amy0  I didn't mean to imply that you were trying to impose demands on guests. But you have to mention this in your listing information. I'd put it right near the top of the listing description, as in Please note: Our county requires..."

You can just remove that from your listing info when it's no longer required. 

If you only mention it to guests after they book, or send a booking request, you'll likely end up with some angry guests.

As far as how to send it, I think you can attach documents to Airbnb messages ( I've never tried that, it's a relatively new feature), or email it to them.

@Michael-and-Amy0 you said 'the county I am in asks us to ask guests to sign.....' If this is correct then all you need to do is ask the guest to sign the form. There is no requirement for them to actually sign it. Also if it really says 'not been exposed nor near anyone with covid prior to arrival' then it is technically not fair to ask the guest to sign something when they cannot know if it is true. I suspect your county needs to rethink what they are doing.

Ok i will add, thank you.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Michael-and-Amy0 

You can takes a photo of the document by your cell phone , sent to your guest  in Airbnb via photo message, request your guest to print out document after the signatures.

And send you back immediately by the same way.

Sent photos messages via Airbnb  message [ take a photos  send to guest ]Sent photos messages via Airbnb message [ take a photos send to guest ]

Hope you can sole it out.