Guest lengthened stay, how do I merge?

Ahnna0
Level 2
Gresham, OR

Guest lengthened stay, how do I merge?

Hi Everyone,

I have a guest who added a night to her stay, so now it shows on my calendar as two back-to-back one night stays. Is there a way I can merge this so that the calendar shows one two-night stay? I don't want problems with the system expecting her to check in and then check out and check in again. I haven't found anything that addresses this situation.

Thanks,

Ahnna

4 Replies 4
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Ahnna0,

Once it is done, you can't merge them.  For future reference, before the days are added, you can go to "your reservations", then on the right click "change or cancel". Do NOT cancel.  Then when you click change, you will be prompted to make the changes oyu want (dates, price or whatever). This will then go to the guest (or to you, if the guest does it) as a request to change reservation. The change can't be completed until both parties agree.  When the second person accepts, the change is complete.

Thank you, @Hilary-And-Ed0. I was afraid to touch that change button and make a mistake.

The guest notified me that she had lengthened her stay after she'd done it. So there's nothing I can do now? I don't blame her for going in and booking if she wanted that day, and it was available. Was there something else she should have done? I don't know what the reservation looks like from the guest's point of view. We've never traveled on Airbnb.

@Ahnna0,

No nothing to do now without a rigamarole.  No problem, though.  Before I figured out the system, a guest and I did the same thing (we were sitting next to each other, and added a new reservation, effectively to extend her stay).

Now I know how, but I don't see the problem doing it with two reservations.  If you have a cleaning fee, you could make a special offer omitting a second cleaning. And also, be sure to politely point out that it will be two stays, so if the guest could do two reviews, you'd appreciate it.

🙂

The system is not as intuitive as I would like, that's for sure! Thank you for mentioning about the cleaning fees, I wouldn't have thought of that!

I appreciate your answers. Without these forums, the experience of hosting could get a bit frustrating on the technical end of things.

Thank you!