Guest no show -- no review?

Peggy-And-Mike0
Level 10
Georgia, United States

Guest no show -- no review?

We had a young man, maybe early 20s in college, book our place for three nights and then not show.  Okay I know plans change (I have two college students too) but he was probably the most needy and communicative guest we've had -- multiple emails, calls, etc., so it was really baffling.  He's been unresponsive to any communication.  I'm really hoping the lack of communication is poor manners and not anything worse!  He was driving 12 hours with a couple of friends.  I have a flexible cancellation policy so I used the reservation center to keep one nights payment and refund the other two nights.  It din't feel right to keep the funds.  My question now is what to do about a review?  Nothing?  I believe we were his first AirBnB reservation (hence why he had so many questions) so he had no reviews.  I wouldn't want to leave something that hints at a negative when I don't really know why he didn't show.  I also want to serve the host community well so I'm asking if it is important to anyone to provide a brief summary as part of a review? 

4 Replies 4

You can't review him because he did not stay in your listing so you don't need to worry about the impact of what you have to say.  It was really nice that you refunded him, but in doing so, you also showed him that all his neediness and crazy-making behavior can be rewarded. Not sure that I would have done that, especially for a 3-night reservation with a no-show.  But from a karma perspective, it was kind and considerate to someone who wasn't very kind or considerate to you.  https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/309/what-if-my-guest-doesn-t-show-up-for-their-reservation

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

If the booking was not cancelled you can review, just say something on the lines of how he was very communicative prior to arrival but no showed.

I have a couple of no shows, one of the big advantages is that at least you get paid.

David

He did not cancel the reservation so I'm still being prompted to leave a review.  I think I'll do what you suggested in case this is a pattern.  The good news is that we still got paid, yet it was a situation that had we known he wasn't coming we'd been able to move on.  As it was we had to adjust our schedule for a couple of days thinking any minute he might show. So it was an inconvenience.

Update:   did write a brief review of Eddy and I can get to it in my profile but it's not published on his profile.  We are well past the 14 days and at one point the app said to leave a review after I've done it.  Guess the app i wonky but it is annoying!