Guest not replying to me

Answered!
Claire167
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Guest not replying to me

Hello! 

Someone has booked a room for tonight but now they are not replying to me over message. I have no idea if they still want the room and if they do what time they will be arriving. 

Please advise

Thanks

Claire 

1 Best Answer
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

If you have a confirmed booking, you will get paid regardless. If you have given them a call and left an Airbnb message that is all you can do, you just have to wait for them to respond. Still early in the Uk, right? If they are travelling they may not be available constantly.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

If you have a confirmed booking, you will get paid regardless. If you have given them a call and left an Airbnb message that is all you can do, you just have to wait for them to respond. Still early in the Uk, right? If they are travelling they may not be available constantly.

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

It is frustrating that the guest hasn't replied to you.

However it might be simply they are in transit and unable to access internet/phone currently.

You can see your guests phone number too in your reservations page.

Bear in mind your listing states you have 24 hour check in as one of your services.

MicheleandLouw0
Level 10
Maun, Botswana

Hi I have also experienced this before. Are your guests from abroad? It happens if they do not have internet access while traveling or visiting other countries. Or simply is too busy holidaying to check mails. Normally all works out fine.

Elizabeth282
Level 2
Queenstown, New Zealand

I have had two difficult non replyers and found that they had not downloaded the Airbnb app to their phone. One did not know how and the other got a new phone after booking and was new to airbnb.The best thing to do is to text their telephone number on your booking and if that does not work phone them but not when they are likely to be in the air flying. Both times we worked it out.