Guest not responding

Nicole366
Level 1
San Jose, CA

Guest not responding

Dear Hosts, 

I'm a new host, and just received my first booking (Via Instant Book).  I reached out to the guest, asking that she provide me names/ages/ID's for the group as our gated community requires this.... but have received no answer at all. 

What happens if the guest never responds? I do not want to cancel the first booking I have, but I also don't want them showing up and not being able to get into our place. 

Also, unrelated, but I seem to be getting a lot of people asking me what the final price is - which is something I see differently as a host.  Is this normal? I thought you can see it when you select the booking dates? How do people deal with the pricing questions? 

Thanks! 

Nicole

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Nicole366

The pricing the guest sees is the final price they pay - which will include a variable Airbnb booking fee.

If the booking is a long way off then just give the guest time to respond. If it's quite close then just message again explaining it must be done in advance to meet the rules of the property etc.

Becky19
Level 2
Champaign, IL

If no responses call airbnb and explain also, you can set up a message to go directly to them when they book explaining what you need for instance, I do have the Id verifications however I see you are refering to more than just the host. I weould set up an instsnt response stating what the requirments are and within the summar state this and in your rules. If it is in the rules (many people seem to voer look your rules but make them clear) because if they show up (future bookings because any changes do not apply to their current booking) and they did not respond or follow your rules, you do not have to accept. Also, reachout to airbnb, and I believe you can now cancel instant bookings without penalty but call them and have them call the guest or if they have their personal number listed go to your reservations and see their phone number is listed you can call them if it is, if not call airbnb and have them reach out to them asap.