Guest opened a bank account using my address - work guest

Şenir0
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Guest opened a bank account using my address - work guest

I had my first Airbnb guest who was is also a host. Upon the guests arrival he mentioned he was applying for a work visa during his stay. Under my impression he was here for a holiday. I had no concerns regarding this until he opened a bank account using my address without my knowledge when I asked his to cancel the card and change the address that would be delivered to my home he said he "I will cancel it once I get here" His excuses were he was applying for jobs and had no other place to register his bank card. I proceeded to call Airbnb because I had great concerns and immediately felt he was untrustworthy and did not have true intentions.

After speaking to several different members of staff and  an increased phone bill i finally had someone cancel his stay. I was fearful as to how he would react and they advised on calling the authorities if I did end up being in danger and they would call him and explain why his stay has been canceled.

When he arrived back to my apartment he was not notified. So I was unwillingly was forced to discuss this with him by myself. After informing him he became very argumentative and confrontational. He took his time collecting his belonging, whistling and humming around my house, (please keep in mind I was by my self) he closed my door and i heard no movement i knocked n the door and he said i have to wait because he is making other arrangements his friends will be by to help him. I then became extremely alarmed and asked him to pack his things before his friends arrived. I called the authorities as I was worried for my safety.He left the property before they arrived and caused damages to my wall and room artwork. 

I am now having to pay for  damages myself and a new change in my locks. This has been very damaging and will no longer continue to use Airbnb because they have failed to ensure my safety and compensate me for what I have just been through.

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

How on Earth did he do that without proof that he lives there?

That's scary. Also fraud I should think.