Guest organized a party. Airbnb refuses to delete review.

Leandro355
Level 2
México D.F., Mexico

Guest organized a party. Airbnb refuses to delete review.

Hi all, I need advice. Thanks, in advance for your help.

A guest reservation of 4 turned up to be a party of 40. I had to break the party at midnight after having noise and fighting reports from neighbors and security. My wife and I cleaned the street of the trash they left outside for about 2 hours at between 1 and 3 am… on our weeding anniversary….

Long story short, even with the pictures of people leaving the house (about 20 to 25 in the pictures) Airbnb is refusing to remove this guest review of 1 star. It shot our rating to below super host 

Please help and advise on how to make Airbnb correct this.

Leandro

Leandro
6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Leandro355 Contact Airbnb on Twitter quoting their review policy with respect to parties. It does only say Airbnb 'may' remove a review but in this case they hopefully will.

Thanks! Will try this option. Fingers crossed.

Leandro
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Leandro355   I feel your pain, I really do!  However, unless the review violates Airbnb’s policy then it will not be removed.  All you can do is leave a suitable short but polite response.   I must admit, I find it incredibly frustrating when this happens.  As Hosts, when something is damaged, we need to decide if we should make a claim for it and suffer the inevitable bad ‘revenge’ review or just move on at a loss.  When guests behave badly, even if you do not make a claim, they will also often leave a bad review as they suspect you will leave a bad one for them.  Hopefully one day Airbnb will see sense and if House Rules are proven to be blatantly disregarded then the offending party should automatically not be allowed to place a review.

Fully agree with you Kate, I did leave the response to their comment.  Will try the twitter option and see if I get lucky. 

Leandro
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Leandro355, I am sorry to hear that this has happened. I have passed this on to the team again so that they can review it again. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hello Quincy,

Thank you for following up. After I did this post, I did get a whole different message from Airbnb support. They finally accepted to delete the review. However I haven’t got back my superhost status, even with the updated 4.8 grade. I wish this was possible, since this review was the tipping point in us having it versus not and I know how important it is to be a superhost to get additional guests, specially longer stays that we prefer and work better for us.

Cheers.

Leandro