Guest photos

Marilyn6
Level 2
Lake City, SC

Guest photos

Does any one else have a problem with seeing a cute cartoon character instead of the guest? Our airbnb room is in our home and we get a little anxious when we can't see who is actually coming till they get here.

3 Replies 3
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Marilyn6I totally agree: I would prefer to have a pic of the actual guest. If you're not comfortable with it, I would ask them to upload a proper profile photo of themselves. If they decline, you can decide what to do after that. If it's an instant booking, you could cancel penalty free, citing that you're not comfortable with the guest.

One of ways this happens is that Airbnb sometimes pulls information from the guest's social media profile. So it may be their pic on Facebook and it just gets dragged over to Airbnb. It may not be the guest being deliberately trying to hide something.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Marilyn6  I've never had to deal with this- all my guests have had clear face photos. But you can state in your listing that you require a clear face photo profile picture and if they don't have that,  point out that you require that.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Do what I do and make it part of your house rules that you only accept guests who provide a clear profile photo of themselves @Marilyn6